A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

Help with Warranty Expired

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 05:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with Warranty Expired

Hi, I'm new to posting on AW, my boyfriend has been on here for a couple of years (he owns a pelican blue stage 3 B5) and he recommeded I post here for advice with a problem I'm having with my new Audi. Any feedback would be awesome, I'm at a loss here and this is my first Audi.

I bought a great 04 A4 Quattro (used), which was still under warranty. I called the Audi dealership where it had been previously serviced and was told the warranty was good until June 08. When I tried to take it in for service I was told it expired Nov 25, 07. AHHH! I spoke with the original dealer and they found (in the computer system) where the discrepancy had occured (June 08 was the date of re-sale from another audi dealer). The dealership is not helping me and Audi has not proved to be too helpful either (I was told it was my fault and the manufacturer's waranty has expired and there is nothing they can do).

Has anyone experienced anything like this? I'm also concerned I may not be able to purchase an extended warranty (the main reason I was comfortable with buying a used car). Any kind of advice/insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot.
Old 01-03-2008, 06:04 AM

Default If any documentation that you have clearly specifes the expiration date, then I would assume

you're out of luck. If not, you may yet have a battle with Audi. What ever is on paper is legal over whatever any salesman/service advisor may have told you over the phone or in person.
If indeed you're out of warranty best suggestion I can give you is to find a reputable independent shop to service your car when needed and NEVER take it to the dealer, too expensive. Buying a warranty now after an expired warranty would be a waste of money because it will be too expensive.
Old 01-03-2008, 06:29 AM
Banned

Default Unless the person at the dealership is willing to stand up and admit what they said (unlikely)

or you have it in writing, you will have a very hard time proving what they said...it turns into a "he said, she said".

You can still get a good extended warranty, though. I arrange a lot of group purchases for them for AW members.

Just let me me know, via email to brucem105_AT_comcast.net, and I'd be happy to find out what you qualify for.

Good luck!

Bruce
Old 01-03-2008, 07:03 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Unfortunately, once the factory warranty is expired, it's expired, but there are plenty of options..

...there are many 3rd party warranty companies out there. In fact, the Audi-branded "Pure Protection" warranty taht I have is actually administered through Fidelity Warranty Services.

The only other unfortunate thing for you is that once the factory warranty has expired, you no longer qualify for the "Pure Protection" from Audi.

Regardless, try to focus on the highest level of coverage, an "exclusionary" policy which basically covers everything except for a specific list of parts excluded. If the part is not listed as an exclusion, it is covered. That leaves a lot of the interpretation nonsense out of the equation, and while more expensive, may save you significant $$$ in the long run.

I know that Bruce M volunteered, but also contact mustbeaudi in the allroad forum for additional warranty advice.

Best of luck!
Old 01-03-2008, 04:59 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

you didnt buy it from a dealership did you?