A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

Hood pin switch location?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2012, 03:40 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hood pin switch location?

I just started having issues yesterday with my car not "chirping" upon locking, doors are shut, trunk is shut. Upon arriving home my neighbor tells me the alarm was going off at random the 3-4 hours i was gone, and keys were with me. Replaced the remote battery tonight. Still no chirp, so my next thing to check is the hood pin switch, and if thats not the issue then I'll get a look at the CCM in the trunk.
Old 01-30-2012, 01:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 35 Likes on 35 Posts

I had this problem. Was related to the driver's door harness. What happened in my case was the wire(s) that drive the lock on my driver's door was broken, so it did not get the signal to lock from the CCM, so when the alarm went to "look" to verify the driver's door was locked, it did not get verification that it was locked, and therefore would not set the alarm. And, your car is designed to "nag" you that the alarm is not set and chirp every so often...which has the knock-on affect of driving your neighbors batty or alerting any potential thieves that it isn't locked. The biggest telltale is that lights don't flash when you try to set the alarm. Try setting the alarm and check all the doors to see if they are locked even though the driver's door is most prone to this. Try that and let us know.
Old 01-30-2012, 04:22 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by lyleswk
I had this problem. Was related to the driver's door harness. What happened in my case was the wire(s) that drive the lock on my driver's door was broken, so it did not get the signal to lock from the CCM, so when the alarm went to "look" to verify the driver's door was locked, it did not get verification that it was locked, and therefore would not set the alarm. And, your car is designed to "nag" you that the alarm is not set and chirp every so often...which has the knock-on affect of driving your neighbors batty or alerting any potential thieves that it isn't locked. The biggest telltale is that lights don't flash when you try to set the alarm. Try setting the alarm and check all the doors to see if they are locked even though the driver's door is most prone to this. Try that and let us know.
Lights do flash, all doors/trunk/hood are closed and shut, redlight on door flashes as well, yet no chirp, not when closing the trunk when its locked, nor the hood. I tried to find the hood pin switch to see if that was at fault, can't find the stupid thing. So far its only gone off randomly once that i know of, but I was at fault must have hit the trunk release on my key as a friend and I were heading out in his car, came back trunk was open. I've done this before so I'm not even contemplating thievery.
Old 01-31-2012, 03:53 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Well, it was a good theory

Not sure where or if there is a hood pin as I have never read of one. I know there is one on my Z and is very obvious, so if you can't find it maybe there isn't one?

Anyway, my next step would be to download codes and see what is not setting.

And post back. I'm curious.
Old 01-31-2012, 06:05 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

The only code its throwing is for the maf, which im waiting until I get the needed stuff fixed, before I drop $200 on a sensor that I can drive without.
Old 01-31-2012, 07:35 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Well, you went over my head...
Old 01-31-2012, 08:03 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Its over my head too, ive read the book end to end 3 times already, searched every where. Next step is checking the batteries of the ccm
Old 01-31-2012, 11:43 AM
AudiWorld Super User

CCM or the alarm unit in the trunk / boot?
Old 01-31-2012, 01:02 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Guess what? Either i didnt notice it before, or it just started happening but the lights arent flashing when i lock it
Old 02-01-2012, 03:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Well, I'm back to something is not "telling" the CCM that it is locked. When you download codes, are you sure you are choosing the correct module to look for codes?

Quick Reply: Hood pin switch location?