A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

how in the f--- does Audi's service network manage to do it...

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2003, 10:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how in the f--- does Audi's service network manage to do it...

I mean EVERY time, EVERY single friggin time my car goes into an Audi dealership, ANY Audi dealership, it either comes out with one, and often multiple occurances of the following:

* Dents (often denied)
* Scratches (ditto)
* Problem not fixed/misdiagnosed
* New problem created (often denied)

This time, it's scratches all over the trunk & a LOUD new scraping noise from the LF wheel/brake/hub (which wasn't even touched [supposedly] in this service visit. This noise, which clearly wasn't there before, is so loud, the car couldn't have made it through the shop without somebody hearing it.

The point here is not getting them to fix it, it's another heads up to Audi that their service network is ABYSSIMAL.

I'm not even going to name the dealership, because these sorts of occurances have happened at every dealership I've ever been to. Having to sort through multiple NEW problems as well as new dents and scratches is now just as good as throwing the dice whenever you visit an Audi dealer for service.
Old 07-24-2003, 10:49 AM

Default go to a different dealer.

Over the years I have had my Audis serviced at at least 10 dealers...My cars never have come back dented, scratched, etc.
Old 07-24-2003, 10:51 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default damn.. man, its been pretty scary reading all these threads about the lousy dealers,

you'd think for a freagin luxury car, you'd get your *** kissed in and out, not f*cked in the *** like a chevy dealership or something.

I got so spoiled at my old Acura dealership (granted, it was widely known as an excellent dealership), where they provided great service time after time, and I had the utmost confidence in them.

But now, i'm scared to death of taking my Audi in for anything. So far I will say, my experience with the one place I've taken has been good, knock on wood. Just hope it'll last.
Old 07-24-2003, 10:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Go to a diff. dealer, I've never had a prob like yours at the 2 dealers I've gone too.
Old 07-24-2003, 10:53 AM

Default People like to vent and complain on the forums.

For every bad story posted here there are hundreds/thousands of good or acceptable dealer experiences.
Old 07-24-2003, 10:57 AM

Nearly every service visit, to FOUR different dealers? Pretty consistent.
Old 07-24-2003, 11:10 AM

Default Sorry to bitch ... I have to just say I love Audis, have always loved Audis...

have always owned Audis, but have always loathed the Audi/VW dealer network. Let us count our blessings -- if you think Audi is bad, try VW's dealers.
Old 07-24-2003, 11:25 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Unfortunately, most do not report their good experiences...

I have had great service at Beverly Hills Audi.
Old 07-24-2003, 11:38 AM

Default Does anyone know what the deal is with audi service "rankings" or what not? (more)

everytime i go in everyone keeps hounding me to "give us all 5's on your service evaluation"

does that go towards bonuses for service advisors? does it get the dealership more money?

it's kind annoying. rather than saying "we appreciate your feedback" they blatently tell me "give us all 5's"
Old 07-24-2003, 11:39 AM

Default This worries me...

BMWs are problematic enough, but I now have a friend that works as a BMW tech at my local dealer. Are the Audi dealer networks that bad? What about Audi USA?

Quick Reply: how in the f--- does Audi's service network manage to do it...