A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

How the hell did this happen?........

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2003, 02:13 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default How the hell did this happen?........

After returning to my car from lunch with a friend my left rear tire was flat - $hit. No problem, I've changed tires before. Audi supplied tools and jack worked great, removed all five bolts, then tried to take off the wheel.... What the f***. It wont come off! I tried pulling, kicking the edges of the wheel (to loosen it), two bystanders came to my aide, but we could not dislodge the wheel. I began to doubt myself, "hmmmm is there some kinda wheel lock or something on it or what am I not doing?" I followed the manual to a "T" -- no, I did everything correctly.

Feeling like less of a manly man, I pulled out my number for Audi roadside assistance and 50 minutes later the AAA truck appeared. I told the AAA guy that I'm 90% done, but I just couldn't get the damn wheel off. He said, "Yeah, sometimes these things get rusted on." Even though my car is less than a year old, it was like it was cemented on the axle.

He laid down on his back and kicked the left, right, top and bottom of the wheel with the heels of his boots. Still no luck. Then out cam the rubber mallet ... bonk, bonk, bonk ... some movement in the wheel. Bonk, bonk, bonk and the wheel popped off the axle.

What a pain in the butt. The AAA guy couldn't explain why it was "sealed." But I wonder if the wheel cleaner I use (Meguiar's Cool Wheels) could possibly have had some effect? Who knows, but be forwarned, you many need to kick/pull/pound like a mother on the wheel if it is stuck.
Old 01-20-2003, 02:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default That sucks...but my baby had to go on a flatbed today :( but....

hey...Mardis Gras...I may be flying out on the 1st and leaving the 5th. That way I only have to take 3 days of work off. That's Sat-Wed, that's four nights. I think that'll be plenty IMO. I'll let ya know in the next couple days, then we can meet up!!!
Old 01-20-2003, 02:21 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I had the same prob when I swapped rims for winter. Your can put some kind of oil on it, if you

don't want this to happen again.
Old 01-20-2003, 02:28 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Big bummer....

my girlfriend cannot get all the days off from work, so, I had to cancel on my Mardis Gras trip

Even though I'd be going with 14 of our friends (guys and girls), she doesn't want me (read "trust me") to go without her. I mean, come on, how much trouble can an overly horny guy get into in New Orleans during Mardis Gras?! It's not like Girls Gone Wild or anything ... or maybe it is

So, I'm going to be twittling my thumbs on Fat Tuesday in Charlotte! Sorry, I wish we could have met up for some fun.
Old 01-20-2003, 02:34 PM
AudiWorld Super User

lol, you can always order girls gone wild, then you and the GF can "go" to mardi gras.
Old 01-20-2003, 02:35 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

what a day in AW !!
Old 01-20-2003, 02:37 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Sure, GGW has the sights and sounds of Mardis Gras, but I want the smell of Mardis Gras!

You can't get that on a DVD!
Old 01-20-2003, 02:46 PM

I think im going to invest some money into that smell chip TV system.
Old 01-20-2003, 02:46 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Just logged on ... what did I miss?

BTW Atlas, your sig chick ... very nice.
Old 01-20-2003, 02:48 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

If anyone will, Doc will!

Quick Reply: How the hell did this happen?........