A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

I just called the dealer to make an appointment......(m)

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2005, 09:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just got off the phone with AoA, I have to agree with you HiTec......

The representative told me that the service guys at the dealership has to diagnose the problem and if they find out that the problem is not covered under the warranty, then I can choose either to fix the problem at my own cost or just not fix it, and also pay for the time the technician spent on diagnosting my car no matter what.

She gave me an example:
If my driver seat was making a rattling noise, and the technician finds out that a screw was missing (assuming that the guys from the factory forgot to install it), then it would be covered under warranty. The representative also told me that it is the technician who decides if the problem is covered under warranty, and there is a set of guidelines that they have to follow.

So I asked her if it was necessary for the manager to smell my AC, and if that was in the guideline (that ONLY the manager can smell ACs), she told me that it varies from dealer so she wouldn't be able to tell me.

After talking to the representative, I think AoA is just as bad as the dealer. It seems as if AoA wants to protect the dealerships from their customers.

I have one last question, the AoA representative asked me how many miles I have on my car and is that the dealership that I usually go to. Why would the representative ask that? I don't get it.
Old 02-24-2005, 09:24 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default You definitely need to go to another dealer. Even if they do decide to do it...

Do you really want people with that sort of attitude working on your car?
Old 02-24-2005, 09:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Another thing, I know this dealership sucks but then its the closest from where I live......(m)

When I first starting looking for a car, a salesman came up to me and my friend and asked what we were looking for. I told him what car I wanted and what options I needed and he told me that they don't have anything close to what I want. I asked him when he will expect to have new cars coming in and he told me he doesn't know. All he told me was to leave a $1000 NON-REFUNDABLE deposit and come back every week to check what cars they have that just came in. I ignored him and left. WTF was that salesman thinking? Does he think I'm stupid or something? Leave a $1000 non-refundable deposit? Every dealer that I went to would refund the deposit if you don't want to buy the car from them. And why would I need to leave a deposit just to come in every week (not that I would) and check if they have the car I want?

Another time when I went to pick up my car from the service department, I walked in the front door and I see 3 salesman sitting there talking. Then one quickly approached me and asked if he can help me, so I told him I am here to pick up my car from the service department. He didn't say a word, turned around and just walked away. What kind of service is that?

Anyway, end of venting, Thanks guys for the input, I appreciate it!!
Old 02-24-2005, 09:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

I'll probably try to call another dealer and see what happens
Old 02-24-2005, 10:26 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Bottom line is you need to find a new dealer...

my dealer has yet to pull some kind of **** like that. I've told them about many minor problems and they've checked it out without question and without any charges.
Old 02-24-2005, 10:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Can you tell us the name of the dealership so everyone here can avoid them?
Old 02-24-2005, 10:28 AM

Default After reading all this, I am thankful that...

the dealer in Boston I take my car to never questions a repair if the car is under warranty (I have never had an Audi outside warranty, so that's all I can speak to). I've had rattling seats (fixed twice at 5k miles and ~18k miles), storage doors that won't latch, and a few other nitpick problems. All were treated by the dealer as if the use of the car depended on it.

Maybe it is because Boston has 4-5 Audi dealerships within 15 miles of each other, which fosters competition. But if I had deal with this nickle and dime horsesh*t everytime I walked in there, that would be the end of my relationship with that dealer. No questions asked.

Let's not forget that the cost of the "Audi Advantage" is built into the price of the car, so you are paying for routine, covered warranty work!
Old 02-24-2005, 10:37 AM

u hit it right on the spot...more competition means better service
Old 02-24-2005, 11:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Who's the Dealer??
Old 02-24-2005, 11:42 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

ROFL lol.

Quick Reply: I just called the dealer to make an appointment......(m)