A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

I love quattro. I love my new Blizzaks. And I love my A4. What a champ my A4 was...

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 08:14 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I love quattro. I love my new Blizzaks. And I love my A4. What a champ my A4 was...

today in today's MA/RI snow storm.

It is hard to believe that in the 5 1/2 years that I've had the A4 that because of dumb luck, previously commuting via train, etc. That I really hadn't had to put the A4 to the test in a rough snow storm. Yes I have driven in 4" - 6" of powder or slush but this was closer to a foot and the major highways were overwhelmed with the snow.

From the minute I jammed through the two feet of plowed powder in my company's parking lot at 5pm today, to pulling on some unplowed side streets and climbing hills with ease the A4 performed flawlessly. I was a tad concerned that my lowered stance might play a part in holding the car back when I would hit a snow rut on the highway but no fear quattro and the Blizzaks ruled the day and I am sure I made many a driver jealous that I could breeze past them at 40 mph while they were going 20 mph. The best thing I saw on my drive home was the nice BMW 5 series that had fish tailed off the road into the break down lane. RWD is truely the suxor in the snow.

Many thanks to Boston Driver for egging me on all year that I really needed to replace my worn All Seasons with some true snow tires. They really saved the day as the last storm of I drove in with the worn all seasons was terrifying. Today was the exact opposite. It was exilerating.

The best part was when I arrived home after picking up my son at day care and the A4 made it up my inclined drive way with 9 inches of snow on it like a hot knife through butter. I told my 4 1/2 year old son that he just witnessed the what an Audi can do that may other cars can't do. I am sure he'll now what an Audi in 13 years when he's ready to drive. =))
Old 12-13-2007, 09:10 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome :-)
Old 12-13-2007, 09:35 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default quattro+Audi+snow=FTW!

DC got no snow. I'm jealous that everyone in NJ is playing in the snow while I'm writing term papers at 2AM
Old 12-13-2007, 09:39 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default NY/NJ needs to hold off on getting snow for just a couple more days

arob and I are taking the train up on Friday night to hang out, picking up the M3 on Saturday morning, then driving back home on Saturday. RWD + summer tires = FTL. I don't care if it snows after we leave NY/NJ, just not while we're there.
Old 12-13-2007, 09:44 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Haha you know its supposed to dump some sort of rain/ice/snow mixture on Saturday, right?

You might want to pick up a few bags of sand or salt to throw in the trunk for a little extra traction. My mom used to do that with her older BMWs. Luckily her new one is heavy enough that it doesn't need it. Good luck with the trip, and you might want to pop into the NY/NJ/CT forum; there is a guy on there who posts really detailed weather maps when its about to snow
Old 12-13-2007, 10:15 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default ah yes, I forgot about that dude

I cross-check him with a good friend of mine who also does his own weather forecasting. I read the guy in the NY/NJ forum last year too.<ul><li><a href="http://jiweather.blogspot.com/">This is my buddy's weather blog</a></li></ul>
Old 12-14-2007, 04:31 AM

Cool. Can you post more pics of your Summer wheels?
Old 12-14-2007, 05:31 AM
Rest In Peace

Default Yeah I had fun driving home once I cleared the slowpokes. There is nothing like...

cruising at 40mph on a slush/snow covered highway with ease and other people struggle to go 30mph.
Old 12-14-2007, 07:08 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default You forgot the best part...

...those snow tires were free ))
Old 12-14-2007, 07:49 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default There, there. We might get some this weekend.

And I've got new ContiProContacts (a/s) to try out, when it does.

But yes, this is why I bought the car I did. California Boy + Snow = Potential for Disaster.

The Audi's kept me giddy as a schoolboy with each snowfall. Loved the original post - can relate.<ul><li><a href="http://jiweather.blogspot.com/">Or maybe not...</a></li></ul>

Quick Reply: I love quattro. I love my new Blizzaks. And I love my A4. What a champ my A4 was...