A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

I suspect my CPO vehicle was in an accident before I bought it. Do I have any recourse?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 06:07 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Well I spoke with the GM and he told me to buzz off as well.

I'm sending in my complaint to the attorney general but I'm pretty sure I won't see a dime from these people.

Continental Audi in Naperville, IL by the way
Old 08-10-2007, 02:42 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Wow it was an *AUDI* dealership that sold you a car that had been wrecked (more)

Wow it was an *AUDI* dealership that sold you a car that had been wrecked and they didn't tell you?

Sounds like another course of action would be to call Audi customer service and tell them about the unscrupulous activity of their dealership, and that because of it, you will no longer be an Audi customer because you cannot trust a brand that supports dealerships that operate like that.

Be persistant...let them know that this is worth your time. Ask them how they would feel if they PERSONALLY purchased a car that they found out had been in a wreck, which must legalled be disclosed when you sell it. It's as if you as a buyer literally said, "Oh wait, you want $20,000 for that car? Well, let me give you $23,000!".

Don't forget that you mentioned a clean carfax report as well...you also have a course of action with them as well.

What was their tone when they told you to 'buzz off'? What type of words did they use?
Old 08-10-2007, 05:31 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default They were polite but said they didn't "want to participate in any of this" and just repeated that

they said that because of the time elapsed and the fact that they were not able to inspect the vehicle themselves (i live in new york now) they would not participate. i told the gm i was filing a complaint and he said that was my right and that was that.

as for carfax i will look into it but if the damage was never reported that pretty much gets them off the hook.
Old 08-14-2007, 03:11 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default i'm sure this happens with carfax all the time...they are supposed to report accidents

it's on their website, i believe?

in any case, I'd give them a call next. if you really wanted to, you could talk to a lawyer, but i'm not sure if it's worth going that far.

why not suggest to them that an audi approved bodyshop inspect the car to offer an impartial opinion?
Old 08-14-2007, 03:12 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default as for them saying "want to participate in any of this" - they sold you the car. they already HAVE

make sure that you call audi of america too.
Old 08-21-2007, 07:28 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default He won't say it in so many words, but the issue is that I cannot prove it was in an accident BEFORE

i bought it. there is ample evidence that the front quarter panel was replaced/resprayed, but, short of calling every single body shop in the rochester/webster area, i don't know how i can prove i didnt do the damage and fix it myself. again, it has been two years since i bought the car.

carfax wont be of any use because they are only responsible for reported accidents. this may very well just be an issue of someone backing their car into this one in a driveway somewhere and then fixing it without going through insurance.
Old 08-21-2007, 10:54 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default ah yes, you would need to prove that. i had the repair bill from the body shop.

plus, if it was just a quarter panel, that's not a big deal...the whole rear end of my car was resprayed, and the one quarter panel had been replaced. even so, the other rear quarter didn't quite line up properly.