A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

I'm going to have auto locking done @ my dealer in October. Do you guys think it's...

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2002, 08:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm going to have auto locking done @ my dealer in October. Do you guys think it's...

too early to take the car back for something minor like this since I got the car on 8/24/02? Or shall I wait until the first service and have them do it then. By the way, I also wanted them to check the heat that's coming out of the footwell when the A/C is off.

My apprehension is once they opened sth up, it will never be the same and don't want dirt or finger prints inside of my new car!!!! Dilemma, Dilemma!!!!!
Old 09-12-2002, 09:01 AM

You should be able to take it in the next day, and my service dpt cleaned the inside after they done
Old 09-12-2002, 10:07 AM

Default I'm also getting heat from the driverside footwell.

Told the dealer about this but they said it was "normal" ('turbos get really hot blah, blah, blah..). It is really starting to bug me and going to have them check it again. Friend's A4 doesn't not have this problem. Can you let me know what your dealer says about the heat? Anyone else having this problem?
Old 09-12-2002, 10:15 AM

Default I'd take it in for the heat in the footwell problem and ask for autolocking while they're at it.

Some folks earlier reported that their dealers wanted to be paid for the service when the car was taken in for auto locking only. My dealer had no problem with doing it at no charge when I took the car in for scheduled maintenance. My guess is that they just can't justify auto locking alone to Audi as warranty work.
Old 09-12-2002, 10:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default I'm experiencing the heat thing also from the driverside footwell....(m)

but I assumed it was quasi-normal. I only notice it when I have my climate control off. It doesn't seem to be there when the climate control is on, even when I divert the air to the upper vents. Have you noticed if yours behaves similarly?
Old 09-12-2002, 10:57 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Same here. I just assumed it was normal. Doesn't bother me much.
Old 09-12-2002, 11:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default thxs for the info...I will try what u suggested but my problem is (m)

not only hot air coming in thru the vents but the whole thing in the footwell gets really hot. I tried to investigate by touching the area with my hands and the upper and console footwells gets really warm after driving for more than 10 minutes w/out the A/C on. I don't know if you guys have the same problem, but sometimes when I dirve with shorts and sandals on w/out A/C, it gets really hot and uncomfortable. Feels like I'm hovering my feet above a stove or sth!! (don't know if that is a good analogy but close enough)!!
Old 09-12-2002, 11:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

yeah. some of my friends also have a 1.8T and they don't have that problem at all.
Old 09-12-2002, 12:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Audi's auto climate control is too finicky. Tries too hard to please
Old 09-12-2002, 01:33 PM

Default Re: thxs for the info...I will try what u suggested but my problem is (m)

ditto bnymk, same problem here too...my toes get hot when driving. for me the smooth black plastic piece above and to the right of the gas pedal gets really hot (after driving for about 10-15 mins). also some hot air coming from somewhere down there (footwell), cant seem to find the source though..?? I will see what the dealer says again...

Quick Reply: I'm going to have auto locking done @ my dealer in October. Do you guys think it's...