A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

install instrutions for Headlight and foglight bulbs?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2003, 11:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default install instrutions for Headlight and foglight bulbs?

Hi, I have a 2002 A4 1.8t cvt. I was going to get some hoen bulbs for my headlight and foglight. But I dont know how to get to the headlight and foglight. Does anyone have any instructions on how to replace the bulbs on both the headlight and fogs. The foglight looks like its hard to get to. Please your help is appreciate.

thanks
Old 10-13-2003, 11:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I just installed superwhite bulbs mine last week...

and it was pretty easy. You just need to know where the screws are for headlight. Each nead light has four mounting screws that hold it together. you can find two screws on top of the headlight housing and the others are on the back of the housing. They are all in Torx (star shape) screws and you'll need special drivers to get it out. Rear screws is kind of hidden around the hoses and other stuff but if you would look closely behind the headlight housing, you should be able to find it. You don't have to completly remove rear ones because the whole headlight housing will slide out once you remove two screws on top. Make sure that you get H7 for headlight bulbs. Also passenger side needs little bit of more work because you'll need to remove airbox airduct in order to reach two rear screws. Once you pull both headlight toward you, you can open small latched bulb door to get access and replace with your new bulb.

For foglight, I think it's the easiest and all you have to do is just pull the grills out (no screws) and remove two screw to get access to the rear connector. And I think you can figure out the rest.

I hope it helps