A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

Interesting nav plus info..since it has been brought up previously

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2001, 11:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interesting nav plus info..since it has been brought up previously

http://www.autorev.com.au/newsletter/manufacturer/audi.shtml - More on this page

The Navigation Plus system has a graphic output to a 5-inch colour display in the centre console, in contrast to the basic system whose output takes the form of diagram arrows and voice instructions. The display also provides TV output (when the car is stationary) via a system, which now includes four individual tuners (hence the four TV antennas). The TV system now supports all conventional TV formats, as well as handling teletext. For the German market only, the navigation system can also be linked to an "Audi Logbook" which - with suitable security - records every trip made by a car. The logbook memory card can be downloaded into a PC, with suitable software, to simplify the process of expenses claims or tax returns, Audi suggests. Audi already offers voice activation, but in the coming year it says it will improve the system for better recognition rate and greater functionality, enabling it to handle radio, CD, TV and frequently used navigation system demands in addition to the existing hands-free telephone function.
Old 11-12-2001, 12:09 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default This whole thing is maddening to me (comments + questions)...

Why can't we get the full Nav+ system here? Even Oldsmobile is getting the picture...why not Audi?

A few

Question:
Audi lists the GPS antenna and CAN bus as part of the standard equip for both the 1.8 and 3.0. Does this possibly mean that we can get, if it ever becomes available, an upgrade to the full Nav+? Yeah, I know that no one knows but...

I tell ya, this is the one and only thing that bugs me about buying a new A4.
Old 11-12-2001, 12:28 PM

Default It may be a safety thing

Audi partly strives on safety of their vehicles...Safety facts are not complete on the LCD screens in cars and I don't think Audi wants to start a project and then scratch it.

Just a thought