A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

just got 900 dollars above invoice

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2002, 11:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: just got 900 dollars above invoice

didn't trade anything in. i got the car from "Vin Devers, Inc." in Sylvania OH. I also got a good offer from "Fred Lavery Audi Co."

I found some dealers gave me good prices when i went through the internet (autobytel, autoweb) and had dealers call me and give me quotes based on what i was looking for. I personally found it better if the dealer knew that i have the dealer invoice and that i was basing my price off of that.

my deposit is down and i should go pick it up this saturday. i'm definitely excited!
Old 03-05-2002, 11:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: just got 900 dollars above invoice

Any California deals this good?
Old 03-05-2002, 01:31 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Somebody had to pay a lot more than 900 over, to offset your sales break.

Law of averages. Sounds like your dealer had the car and wanted to move it. People in LA are paying near sticker for a 1.8.

Ask yourself this:

Work 60 hours a 6 day week - weekends and evenings.

Sell 15 cars a month ( a healthy number for any salesperson ).

Your cut is 20% of the profit margin.

So you make $2700 a month for working 240 hours @ $11.25 an hour. Sound enticing ? Guess why you can't get any good help at dealerships ?

Audi training isn't charged to the salesperson, but they don't get paid to be away from work - so they are losing money by going to training. If you guys don't value that training, then the message is that any lot lizard and support team ( tech who PDIs, detailer, finance, dealership DMV clerk ) will do when it comes to buying a car.

You may be getting the car, but you probobly don't know how good a sales experience can really be when handled by a true pro. The number of basic questions posed here by people who have bought cars, shows they didn't get a very good delivery. So you get swirls. You get the run-around. You get spring spacers left over from PDI. You get a 3 C's delivery - see the car ? see the keys ? see-ya ! You get somebody who forgets you the moment your car moves off the lot.

If the money isn't there, they can't hire people who care. And the money comes from the customer.

"It's unwise to pay too much...
But it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money..., that's all.
When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do.
The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot- it can't be done.
If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run.
And if you do that, you will have enough to pay for something better."

John Ruskin
(1819 - 1900)
Old 03-05-2002, 01:33 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

No test drives. Low overhead. Minimal service.
Old 03-05-2002, 01:36 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price. If demand is high, market indicates over MSRP is fair.

If supply exceeds demand or market perception is that this is damaged goods, then the price falls below MSRP.

Both situations are fair so long as buyer and seller know what they are getting.
Old 03-05-2002, 01:51 PM

Default Depends on 3.0 or 1.8

3.0 Liter A4s are going for as little as $300 over while 1.8s are going for more (I have seen as low as $900 over).
Old 03-05-2002, 01:56 PM

Default Nice Salesman + "fair" price doesn't necc. = satisfaction

I am paying what you would probably consider a "fair" price, meaning the salesman is going to be more than satisfied. However, that doesn't mean that great experiences will be had with the finance manager (not good so far) or service (don't know yet).

Its not like they look up how much I paid for the car when I bring it in for service either.
Old 03-05-2002, 02:06 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

You are right. It takes more than a few principled people to make it work.
Old 03-05-2002, 05:23 PM

Default Finding a fair deal

After prowling this forum for three weeks, I started trying to find my dream girl (A4 1.8T)for a reasonable $. In the end, price was ofset by service. After looking high and low, the value is in the whole package. It took going to a dealer 4 hours away, but it has been worth every penny. I paid %4 over invoice, and was promised that was standard when dealing with him. Value is measured in more than $. now looking into a TT.
Old 03-05-2002, 05:38 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

case in point. Thank you.

Quick Reply: just got 900 dollars above invoice