A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

Memory seats with key FOB question

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2002, 02:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Memory seats with key FOB question

Can someone explain in detail the process by which you assign seat memory to the key FOB and the way it recalls when you unlock the car. The owners manual is unclear in its' explanation. Help!
Old 05-21-2002, 02:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Memory seats with key FOB question

Here is how it is *supposed* to work with the default setup:

When you unlock the car with the key FOBs, the seat/mirrors will return to the position they were at when the car was last locked with the same key FOB.

Now, if you follow what the manual says with holding down unlock while pressing a memory button, it will associate that button with the FOB, but it still remembers the last position it was at, which makes it all confusing.

To clear things up for myself, I recoded my memory seats module so it ONLY goes to the position associated with the memory button via the FOB - it doesn't remember the position the seat was at when the car was last locked.

However, the reason I said "supposed to work" above, is because several people here (including myself) have problems with the passenger side mirror not returning to the proper position when using the FOB.
Old 05-21-2002, 04:41 PM

You still didn't explain the sequence of buttons and tasks that accomplish the programming. That's very unclear in the manual. Sometimes it says the "memo" button, and sometimes it says the "memory button". WTH!
Old 05-21-2002, 04:48 PM

Default What code for seat module?

I have a VAG-COM. How might i go about making this change? TIA
Old 05-21-2002, 05:43 PM

Default Codes:

Here's the codes available, as per the Bentley CD (I use 00001 for JUST using what is stored in the memory button associated with the key, and not the position when car was locked):

Default Code: 00002

00001: Selecting recall button items via remote control key.

00002: Selection via remote control key, of last seat / mirror position as vehicle was locked (automatic).

00003: All remote control key memory functions off.
Old 05-21-2002, 05:45 PM

Sorry... To store a seat position in a memory button, you hold down the MEMO button and then simultaneously press chosen memory button (i.e. 1 through 4) for approx. 1-2 seconds (you'll hear a relay click when it's stored). Of course, the OFF button can not be active when you store a position - i.e., it should not be brightly lit.

Then, to associate a button with a key FOB, hold down the chosen memory button (i.e. 1 through 4), then simultaneously press the unlock button on the chosen key FOB for approx. 2-3 seconds.

The saving of the last position when car was locked is automatic, so no button needed for that.
Old 05-21-2002, 06:51 PM

Cool thanks!
Old 05-22-2002, 04:47 AM

Default woofpup, I haven't been able to get a straight answer ...

... out of anyone regarding the passenger side mirror. After arguing with me numerous times that I was not setting the fob correctly, my dealer's now saying that the fob is not supposed to move/recall the passenger side mirror settings. This seems counter-intuitive given the 1-4 buttons stores that information. Have you heard otherwise?
Old 05-22-2002, 05:55 AM

Default Re: woofpup, I haven't been able to get a straight answer ...

LOL - that's classic: "my dealer's now saying that the fob is not supposed to move/recall the passenger side mirror settings"

I know some dealers had put in calls to AoA on the problem and that it was still being worked on. It really just seems like a software bug, since sometimes when you unlock the car with the FOB, you can hear the driver's side mirror move slightly, even though it is definitely already in position. I thought *maybe* the recoding I did would help, but it had no effect.

The passenger mirror should absolutely move from the remote fob, just like from the memory buttons. Sometimes while playing, it DOES move, just not all the way.
Old 05-22-2002, 06:31 AM

I was told the specs for '03 say driver side mirror only for memory system

Quick Reply: Memory seats with key FOB question