A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

More this blows...Audi just Canx my 02, ...(long)

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2002, 06:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More this blows...Audi just Canx my 02, ...(long)

Just got off the phone with the dealership, its now official, Audi cancled my 02 A4 3.0 QMS order. This is what I was just told:
We can get you the same car, color and options as an 03, its just that the options are packaged differently, and we don't have any prices yet. We'll honor the price that was negotiated, except for any price increase. Of course they have no idea what the price increase might be, if any, and they assured me that if I thought it was too much they would not hold me too the contract. I told them that my main concern was timing. I was expecting the car around the end of July or the end of August. This is important because the lease on my current car runs out in either Sept or Oct, can't remember which. He told me that he thought it might add about a month to the ship date which might be cutting it a little close for me. They are suppost to let me now more by tomarrow. I still want the car but there are a few things that concern me. I read in an older post that the rear seats would no longer be heated. I don't really care about that but it leaves me wondering are there going to be any other decontent suprises? It also bothers me that this car has been on order for over 4 weeks and the dealership has just been told no more 02's. In this day of computers and electronic communication it seams rather inept of Audi to keep their dealerships in the dark. The ironic part is that when I ordered the car I told them that I'd heard rumors on Audiworld that 02's might not be available. They told me that as far as what they had been told by Audi North America, they could still place oders. I wonder if there is anything else that Audi is to busy to inform the dealers about, service bulitins, options, prices? Like I said, I do still wan't the A4, despite the enlightened opinion of the esteamed editors of Road and Track. The Saab is better, come on! It doesn't really even bother me that the dealership is passing any price increase on to me. They gave me a fair deal to begin with and I don't feel that they need to loose any profit, as long as the price increase isn't more then a couple of hundred. I really just wanted to vent a little and let every one know whats going on. Has any one ever had to ask for an extension on a lease, I'm hopeing that if it becomes necessary, Nissan will let me extend the lease a month or two. Also beside the no heat in the rear seats, and the standard leather inserts (I'm still getting the full leather) has any one heard of any other differences between the 02 and 03. At this point I'm still happy with the dealership, but I do plan on writting Audi North America and letting them know they need to keep the dealers a little better informed. It be a lot easier if I was getting a BMW, there North American HQ is just around the block from me.
Old 06-08-2002, 07:00 AM
RKA
AudiWorld Uber User

Default So you live near Park Ridge?

I grew up in PR and RiverVale! Loved the peaches at Tice's Farm when I first moved out there in the early 80's!

Welcome to Audi! It's not uncommon to learn about things on AW before your dealer knows about them. These boards are frequented by employees of Audi dealers, and by people that have close contacts inside Audi. News (and rumors) travels pretty fast.

Based on what I've heard, and talking with my local salesman, if they place your order in their first allocation, you'll see the car in early Sept (late Aug at the earliest, but not very likely). As for your existing lease, I wouldn't worry. Most leasing companies are flexible, and they will let you extend the lease on a monthly basis, as long as you continue making payments in the same denominations that you have been throughout your lease term. Call them to verify.
Old 06-08-2002, 07:45 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Default OMG Tice farm peaches, haven't thought abt that in a while!!!

I'm from Nyack
Old 06-08-2002, 07:49 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Default Sorry to hear it, prices shouldn't go up more than like 2% probably,

You'll be getting a ski sack with you heated
front seats as part of the cold weather pkg.
You should have no problem extending your lease.
Don't think that BMW would be any different, it's not communication w/AoA and dealers, not that that is perfect, it's AOA and the mother ship...
Technically YESTERDAY (!!) was the last day to order an '02..as if.
Old 06-08-2002, 08:04 AM

Default Re: More this blows...Audi just Canx my 02, ...(long)

Just go off the phone with the salesman that sold me the car, the guy I talked to before is the one that puts in the orders. Well anyhow the salesman told me that Audi ended this years production run earlier then they usually do so that they can sell more cars next year. Maybe they already met this years quota ? He had an option sheet but no prices. Confirmed no heated rear seats, but I get a ski sack instead. Ya think that will make the R&T boys rethink things...SAAB, I'm still laughing over that one. Also there was some kind of wheel tire option, but he thought it was the same wheels as in the sport package. The owner is going to Germany Monday so hopefully I'll have some more details soon. I'll pass along whatever I get.
Old 06-08-2002, 08:15 AM
RKA
AudiWorld Uber User

Default Yeah, now I hear there is a JCrew there?!?!?

I haven't been there in 10 years, so I'm quite curious what they've done to the place.

You and I may be talking in the coming months. I've been debating getting a new car. 1st choice is a used S4 (not that pearl white one you're sitting on!), second choice is 02/03 A4 Ming on Platinum (not sure about 3.0 or 1.8T), and last choice is to wait out my lease for another 12 months.

I've talked with the sales guy at the dealership where I get my service done. I asked him to work up some numbers on a 3.0. He asked if I knew what options I was looking for, I spec'd it out for him. He says, "Well, we just sold the last one optioned like that.", so I said, that's fine. We can work on options and colors later, lets just start with some numbers. He was supposed to call back, but he never did!

I'll be visiting another local area dealer today, and if I get equally unsatisfactory results, you'll be hearing from me! I'm down by philly, but I have some family up in Hartford, so I'm up there every couple months or so. I'm heading up there tomorrow as a matter of fact!
Old 06-08-2002, 08:32 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Default So sad, those peaches were the best..don't they still have a farmstand?

Come to CT and you'll not only get a sweet deal on a car but we have great local farms here still

Unfortunately Rockalnd and Bergen real estate is worth too much to farmn but here in CT it's like they were 20 yrs ago..farms all over!
Oh and you can get a nice house for under $1m
Old 06-08-2002, 08:33 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Oh, FYI we just got that honey of an S4, holding out for top $$
Old 06-08-2002, 09:10 AM
RKA
AudiWorld Uber User

The farmstand is still there AFAIK, they just brought in other "attractions".
Old 06-08-2002, 09:20 AM
EdP
AudiWorld Uber User

Default so you gonna email me your details so I can get you on the forum?

:P Lots of stuff to chat about.

Quick Reply: More this blows...Audi just Canx my 02, ...(long)