A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

My entire Iforged story including a personal call from the owner...

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2003, 04:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My entire Iforged story including a personal call from the owner...

For those that don't know my situation, I placed an order for Iforged wheels 10 weeks ago. During the first 4-6 weeks, I tried to contact my salesperson, Ryan Castro, numerous times by telephone and email. Most of the time, I did not even receive any response whatsoever. Of the few times that I did receive a reply, I was told they were "trying to find out what the deal is with my wheels." Finally after nine weeks, I call them again and I finally get the number for their factory in Orange County. I talk to Vince and I am informed that the wheels are ready to be picked up.

I went down to their factory. When I got there, I inspected the wheels finding tiny chips in the paint's finish. I was told that they were like this because they sat around the factory for weeks since the wheels couldn't be assembled due to backordered parts. I ask about these imperfections just before they were about to let me take the wheels. I was told by Vince that they needed to be touched up and that it would take another day or two. I'M SO LUCKY I SAID SOMETHING. I was told that I would be called when the wheels were ready to be shipped out. Five days pass and still no word. I called Vince and asked him what the situation was with my wheels. He said he would call me back. He didn't call me back so I called him again the next day. His answer to my question was "it will be another day or two," with no further explanation as to why I have to wait another week. So now I am pissed off.

I have been polite with this company from the start. I would have appreciated if the sales people told me it would have taken 2 1/2 to 3 months instead of 4 to 6 weeks if that was the actual timeframe. I wouldn't have mind waiting that long if that was the wait I was looking at. I don't appreciate expecting my merchandise at a certain time and them being jerked around for another month or two before I get a straight answer.

That's not the end of it. I decided to post on Audiworld the story of my problems with Iforged. I wrote the entire story telling the absolute truth as to my experience with them. I get a phone call today from Vince. He said "What is this about you slandering our name on Audiworld?" This is how you treat your customers? You call them, not about their orders, but about what they say about your company? No Iforged employee ever returned my calls but when I start telling people about what happened, you guys are quick to pick up the phone.

Well, I know you read my posts now, Vince. So now you know why I am disappointed with your service. On the phone, you said I am allowed to say whatever I want on Audiworld and that your phone call wasn't about that. It was about if I was going to be a satisfied customer or not. Just give me my wheels, and I will never mention your name again. But if you call me and ask me why I am talking ****, you need to look at your operation and your sales strategies for the answer. If I was in the wrong, why are so many people on this board backing my comments? I must not be the only one that feels this way about Intro Forged. Don't check me, check your own ****. The wheels look great, but your customer service and sales tactics need a ton of work. If the wheels turn out good, then I will be satisfied with that. But I will never be satisfied with the way Iforged treats their customers.
Old 09-11-2003, 05:16 PM

Default sad...very sad...

that it has come to this...if this guy had read yer 1st post his first thing shoulda been to call you 1 to 1 and say..."look it appears weve been dropping the ball, what can we do to make it better for you"....but it appears not...

and whats doubly distrubing is that these are the exact same type of issues seen before here...

<a href="http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?s=565ed7890136b8aa3b6daea7cea74c92& threadid=89525&highlight=iforged+complaint">e46 forums</a>

sigh..it appears that nothing has changed...

so what did they say would be the resolution? any time frame on when u r gonna get yer rims?
Old 09-11-2003, 05:24 PM

rz..whered yer 1st post from today go? moved or deleted?
Old 09-11-2003, 05:28 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Man, do everyone a favor and un-delete your original post...

People need to know these things before they fall into the same situation that you are now in. By deleting your original post, it won't be seen by those searching for information on these wheels. Unless there's a specific reason why you deleted it, I think it should be seen. I'm sorry that you're having to go through this. Good luck getting some satisfaction...

Regards,
Shaun
Old 09-11-2003, 05:51 PM
AudiWorld Super User

how about all the ones that get moderated?
Old 09-11-2003, 05:55 PM

Default he said, two or three more days POSSIBLY. The resolution is...

that I would get my wheels. That's it. I just don't want to wait anymore. =(
Old 09-11-2003, 05:57 PM
AudiWorld Super User

2 or 3 days Iforged time is like saying 3 months. Good Luck.
Old 09-11-2003, 06:02 PM

damn that sucks!!!! which ones did you end up getting and what finish?
Old 09-11-2003, 06:39 PM

Default Shaun, you have been very helpful to many in the past and should def not take it personally

I think that lawong was just playin'.
Old 09-11-2003, 06:40 PM

chill dawg, you do a good job at what ya do, its all good :-)

Quick Reply: My entire Iforged story including a personal call from the owner...