A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

My new whip

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2022, 03:20 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

turbo510 and SC_09iduA Thanks for the great sanding pointers! I've got some work to do..

And ah, sounds like you're well versed in upull, scouring CL or FB marketplace for used Audi OEM parts. That's my style tool...frugal, yet avoiding garbage-quality "new" aftermarket parts that proceed to leak, fail, cause downstream issues...

Another suspension thought for others that find this thread, the stock sports suspension is also lowered, maybe 1 inch, vs. standard suspension. Vaguely recall measured from ground to fender arch, it's ~25 inches on sports suspension. So..sports suspension includes at least different shocks, springs, rear sway bar vs. standard suspension. (and 18 inch wheels on ultrasport or S4 models)

Sway bar - i just found a upull S4 rear swaybar, haven't yet installed so can't comment on noticeable differences between that and my original sport suspension 18mm. But $15 vs. a $300ish for anything new (22mm or others) was an easy choice for me. If you upgrade yours, definitely post your thoughts on how it feels vs. stock.

And i laughed at my foolishness on MTns....which I originally read as MTNs .. Montana (MT) makes much more sense...either way, love these Rockies..
The following users liked this post:
SC_09iduA (07-22-2022)
Old 08-06-2022, 03:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Hooray for thicker Rear Sway Bars!!

Well I ended ordering a S4 rear sway for about $87 shipped...from an 05 S4 and no flaking of paint, etc...install was easier taking the old out versus putting the new in, but I did prevail. I attempted a shake down run through a canyon and wow! Such better, more predictable road manners! I'm keeping the standard suspension front sway and with my new standard suspension, it feels like the right choice...tho, I'd love to try the RS4 but that may be too aggressive for what this car is for... I'm happy with 20mm!! Did you indyall upurs yet @easyAudi ?!

Guess which one is the Standard suspension RSB?

A healthy difference in size and condition!

I also tried to swap the front struts and coils but got beat (for now) by the dang control arm fastener that needs to be pulled all the way out to release the control arm pivots! Argh! I will need some heat and more patience...and beer to try again...but the suspension is nearing complete!

Last edited by SC_09iduA; 08-07-2022 at 05:54 PM. Reason: More info
Old 10-29-2022, 12:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Good Lord

Welp, after 4 weeks in the air, I finally completed the front suspension refresh/replacement. It took me a while to vreak through the damn pinch bolts...I ended up sawsaling the a-arms off along with the tie-rods and had them pressed out.. damn what a pain.. after what seemed to be liters of anti-sieze, I finally got the front end replaced with new springs and new Billy struts...all for standard suspension mind you. I also replaced the tie rods, upper co trol arms and hubs via FCPEuro...the bitch feels amazing now! Without the help of my brother and friends, I would certainly had a shiney yard planter...

New bits...

But now, a different angle...