A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

Nasty Comments about my posts

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2001, 11:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nasty Comments about my posts

Well I tried to ask several questions in one post....what was the usual reply.....go do a search in archives....oh gee thanks for sharing your expertise...gee I even got knocked by a future lawyer.....I must be doing something right then....anyone heard of free speech.
Old 11-04-2001, 11:33 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Nasty Comments about my posts

Screw it. Some people on this forum have no respect for anyone. Ask what you will, that is the purpose of this forum. By the way, screw the search it sucks.
Old 11-05-2001, 02:17 AM

Default you miss the point, most of the answers are on audiusa, etc.

if you don't do a little work on your own don't expect people to be excited about answering your posts. Read the forum a ittle and get an idea of what folks here do to understand their cars, we aren't being nasty its just that a lot of posts are realy boring since the answers are so readily available. Its like asking if the A4 drives better then a Chevy Malibu, well gee, probably.
Old 11-05-2001, 04:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default And what isn't is in the Tech Section & Model Guide here....

Suck it up my man. No need to go off on the deep end because you dont want look for readily available information, that no one else wants to expend the energy to type out for you.

Besides, why would you want 5-6 opinions about which motor oil to use when you can do an archive search with 5+ years of Audi owner wisdom. That is the only way to go. Why risk your $30k-$40k car like this when the answers you seek are within your fingertip's reach....Too many of the answers are subjective anyway based on your driving style, climate, etc....A little work goes along way.

trifona
'02 1.8tqmsx
Old 11-05-2001, 06:09 AM

At least your posts were ON topic. SkareKrow needs to get a life...
Old 11-05-2001, 06:35 AM

Default Re: Nasty Comments about my posts

On doing my searches, I've found that this site is excellent for gathering factual information or learned opinion on the 2002 Audi A4. On the other hand, I've found that other sites, like Edmunds, seem to offer a better combination of chitchat along with the informational stuff.

Now, I've noticed here lately that fully two thirds of the initial postings have been yours and most seem to me to be just looking for nice friendly conversation. I like the friendly conversation but it's not primarily what I'm looking for at this site.
Old 11-05-2001, 11:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

What's that supposed to mean? Dick!
Old 11-05-2001, 01:18 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default Your posts invite these kinds of responses.

Try thinking before you post. I've just had a look at what you've posted over the past couple of days, and it's easy to see why you aren't getting more substantive responses.

1. Many of your posts ask for information without reflecting any effort on your part to learn the answer before posting. As a result, you make yourself appear to be a lazy parasite. Nobody likes a leech.

2. Many of your questions seem pointless and/or irrelevant. If they were at least entertaining, they might be be welcome. But when they are pointless, irrelevant and boring all at the same time, that's a deadly combination.

3. You don't participate much in the discussion that results from the threads you start. For example, the other day you asked what people thought about a "backup car". Someone asked you about the premise of your question -- why the need for a "backup car" at all? You never answered. In fact in many of your threads you don't respond to anything that anyone says. And you aren't participating in any threads other than those you create, indicating a purely selfish attitude on your part. In many cases people post responses to your questions and you never thank them for the info they've provided. Yet you are quick to complain when people criticize your posts. So that makes you what? A boring, ungrateful, selfish, irritable, lazy parasite. And that's the worst possible kind.

Just trying to help you understand what you evidently haven't comprehended up to this point.
Cheers,
Old 11-05-2001, 02:20 PM

Default Apologies to SkareKrow,,,,You said the same thing I did.

Time to take a deep breath on this one. Just get tired of people getting jumped on that are new to the forum. We should stop eating our own....
Old 11-05-2001, 03:53 PM

and what about the new mazda, dude?

Quick Reply: Nasty Comments about my posts