A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

New Battery - Hazards Flash Alarm Beeps

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 11:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Battery - Hazards Flash Alarm Beeps

I just replaced my battery, now my hazards flash continually and the alarm goes off when I open the door.

Even when I start the car it does the same thing.

What should I do now?

-w
Old 10-13-2008, 02:21 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Disconnect the battery for awhile.
Old 10-13-2008, 02:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Just did that. We'll see what happens. Thanks.
Old 10-14-2008, 04:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Didn't work

I left the battery disconnected overnight, this morning as soon as I reconnected it, the hazards started to flash (the same flash as if you pressed the panic button on the remote) and when I opened the trunk, it started beeping again (same beep as the panic button). I sat in the car with it running for a few minutes contemplating what to do. The lights stopped flashing, so I thought 'hey cool, at least I can go to work', I backed up about five feet and it started beeping and flashing again.

I called my dealer's service department, explained what was happening and got the dreaded "we have absolutely no idea what would cause that".

My buddy is coming over with the Vagcom later... we'll see what we can find out from that.

I heart cars.

-w
Old 10-14-2008, 06:12 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Well, it seams clear (to me,) that the alarm is not disarming when you unlock the door.

Scan the Central Convenience Control Module for DTCs stored. There should be DTCs set stating "Alarm triggered by ..... something". Save the existing DTCs before trying to clear, then clear the DTC memory. Note what DTCs re occur if any. Post back the DTCs found. Also note the coding of the convenience control module.
Instead of using the remote, try unlocking the driver's door with the key inserted. If that doesn't effect the problem, do the same by using the key to unlock the passenger's door. The switch in the door lock that signals the CCCM that the door is unlocked my coincidently have failed, or more likely, the CCCM may be faulty regarding the communications with the door control modules. Have you had any problems with water leaking into the car especially on the drivers side, evidenced by a wet carpet?
Old 10-14-2008, 06:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Thanks for the help

No problems with water.

Will scan codes when my buddy gets here later (he was away for the weekend and should be back around 2 or so) and post them.

I had to manually unlock the door as the keys (2) arent locking / unlocking the car with the buttons (didn't work the other night when I had to jump the car), I'm assuming that those need to get re-programmed somehow? Might that be the source of the problem?

-w
Old 10-14-2008, 06:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default OK, the scan will be helpful instead of speculation. ...

It's possible the key adaptation in the Central Convenience module is corrupted, hopefully readapting the keys will be all thats needed.
FYI, the key adaptation for the convenience locking/alarm function is separate and independent from the immobilizer key adaptation in the instrument cluster, it's easy to confuse the two, but keep this in mind.
Old 10-14-2008, 06:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default I'll post that when I get it

I know about the immobilizer being different... the car will start (and stay started), but the alarm will go off again as soon as I start driving.

-w
Old 10-14-2008, 12:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Well, it now works

All I did was let the car sit all day.

I left with my friend to go get the VAG COM and when I left I locked my car manually with the key in the door, and when I got back, I unlocked it manually, opened the door, no alarm. Started it up, no alarm, drove it forward and back a bit, no alarm. (Maybe locking and unlocking manually fixed it?)

I don't know why it works all of a sudden but it does.

I'll keep an eye out for water. Thanks for the heads up.

I did run the scan, came back with a TON of codes, going to clear them out, drive for a while and scan it again, because I don't know if it has ever been scanned before.

Gotta run now as I just found out my father is in the hospital (nothing major). I'll scan again when I get home and we'll see what it says.

Thanks for the help.

Wayne
Old 10-15-2008, 09:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Thanks for the update!

Quick Reply: New Battery - Hazards Flash Alarm Beeps