A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

Not asking how to clean... but what to clean with!

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2003, 09:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not asking how to clean... but what to clean with!

I did a search... found a few answers. Just wondering what people use to clean their cars. Right now I have some Mercedes-Benz stuff, that's basically Meguiar's brand (I believe). But what
do people use? Do you stick with one brand? Mother's? Meguair's? Others? Where do you get them? Online? Bricks/morter?

Thanx in advance.
Old 08-05-2003, 09:51 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default The products I use.........

Meguires carwash soap
Klasse All-in-One
Klasse Sealant Glaze
Claymagic Claybar
Einszett interior cleaners
Lexol leather protectant.
Meguires Tire Gel.

and to dry the car with ...I have California water blade and the Absorber.

Microfibers to polish the car is a must!

I get most of my stuff online at http://www.autopia-carcare.com/ or

premiumautocare.com. Both are good online stores but Autopia had a faster delivery.
Old 08-05-2003, 09:53 AM
AudiWorld Super User

You can keep using your Meguair's products, Meguair's is high quality and you already own it.
Old 08-05-2003, 09:56 AM

Default Check the detailing forum...

There are a lot of very knowledgeble people on there.

I personally use a lot of different products from a lot of different brands. P21s to wash. A few different glazes and polishes (3M IHG, p21s GEPC, and recently tried Menzerna). Blitz to wax. Too many to list here now... there aren't many Meguires products I use, but I have used their quick detailer (called final inspection) and liked it. Also, a lot of people swear by their #83 DACP for a cleaner, although I've never tried it and only recently got a PC7424.

Basically, start reading the detailing forum and read some of their detailing routines and you'll get a good idea of the most popular products.
Old 08-05-2003, 09:58 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I used to think Meguires was good enough...UNTIL I used Klasse....trust me...it is FAR more superior
Old 08-05-2003, 10:12 AM

Default California Water Blade

I noticed that for the first time at the store this weekend. I read about it in the detail forum and a few people seem to love it, and the rest are scared to death to try it. It seems like it would be a neato-quick way to get most of the drying work done, then just hit it with the chamois to finish.

How long have you been using it, and what do you think about it? TIA.
Old 08-05-2003, 10:18 AM

Default Pinnacle, Klasse, Meguiar's...they're all good, and they're all online.

I buy the following products from AutoDetail.com, AutoGeek.com, and CarCareOnline.com, whoever has the cheapest price for each product. Then I send a note to the ones that I didn't buy from, saying "lower your price on this item, please." =)

Interior: Vinylex for leatherette, Lexol for leather, kitchen Swiffer for daily dashboard dusting.

Exterior: P21S Total Auto Wash (for once-per-month bug stain and other smudge removal) on Pinnacle Safe Scrub block, Meguiar's Quik Detailer for the post-wash details, Blackjack Black Again for all rubber and plastic parts including tires, and Plexus for clear plastics, and Pinnacle wheel brush for the BBS alloys.

Coat: Klasse All-in-One and High-Gloss Sealant once per 5 months, covered with Pinnacle Souveran Carnauba wax once per month.

All applicators are microfiber or microfiber-coated foam; some all-cotton is tolerated.

--Seymour
Old 08-05-2003, 10:26 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Re: California Water Blade

Its really a great product to use. People are scared of it cuz they think it might scratch the paint. But I SWEAR TO YOU IT DOESNT. My friend was scared to use it on his BLACK BMW...I dryed it for him and he was impressed. Just be sure that the blade is clean before you use it. The blade itself is really soft. Makes the car drying process a little easier....just use the blade and then spot dry with absorber. Ive used it about 5 times now on my car, my girlfriends car, and my friends BMW.I just recently ordered it almost a month ago and I like it a lot.
Old 08-05-2003, 10:31 AM

Cool, I'll pick one up and try it on my wife's car first! ;-)
Old 08-05-2003, 10:39 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Make sure its "CALIFORNIA WATER BLADE" and not some imitation.

Quick Reply: Not asking how to clean... but what to clean with!