A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

Not so stealth APR Stage 3+ install with APR front mount IC and the stock bumper.

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2006, 02:20 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So, the tubing hanging below the bumper is kinda like

the ***** hanging from the squirrel? ;^)
Old 01-11-2006, 02:30 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LOL, exactly. You've figured me out!
Old 01-11-2006, 02:31 PM

Default a FMIC peering behind the lower grill is cool, hell maybe even intimidating, but the tubing

hanging out looks ghetto.

"So stealth" was a sarcastic statement in regards to the tubing.
Old 01-11-2006, 02:52 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Umm you need to ditch the stock bumper...

It looks absolutely ridiculous you need an aftermarket bumper bad
Old 01-11-2006, 02:55 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Excuuuuse me, but that looks like ****! If there is no way to hide that piping, then I suggest...

You find a better alternative. That is totally unacceptable and APR should have designed or suggest that another front bumper assembly be used with their kit.

Actually I can't believe APR would allow such a design. Tell me they have a better solution to this install and that <b>you</b> screwed up the install.
Old 01-11-2006, 02:56 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Reply

You guys did a hell of a job making it work with a stock bumper but honestly I am really not a fan of the look. To retain the stock look nothing should be very visible when looking at the car but then theres the glaring intercooler piping on the one side. I really think your customer needs to look at an aftermarket bumper it will make it look so much better.
Old 01-11-2006, 02:57 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Doesn't look like that though, perhaps its just too big for the stock bumper
Old 01-11-2006, 03:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Re: Umm you need to ditch the stock bumper...

Let me tell you something. Up close and personal, it doesn't look that bad. I assure you. Certainly, there is no reason for the customer to run out RIGHT NOW to get another bumper.

I had several people come up to check out the car today and say that the IC pipes look awesome.

It's just not that bad at all. And when the customer is ready, we'll install whatever bumper he desires, if any.
Old 01-11-2006, 03:07 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Re: Reply

Thank you. We tried!

We trimmed as little as possible, of both the metal bumper support underneath the bumper, as well as the lower facia.

But, believe it or not, this customer doesn't really want a totally stock look. After spending 6K to get 350 HP out of this car, it is not always desireable to have the car look stock. But to each his own.

He needs a new clutch before a bumper cover anyway!!! We are willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done to the customers satisfaction, and that's all we care about.
Old 01-11-2006, 03:10 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Re: If there is no way to hide that piping, then I suggest..

APR did in fact say I'd have to butcher the bumper, and suggested a few bumper covers that would work. They warned me, and I can't blame them

But, being the stubborn ***** that I am, I was hell bent on getting the stock bumper to look good, or at least decent. The customer had a budget that we had to work with.

Keep in mind he got *** raped by PES and GIAC with that POS non-working kit. His funds were dwindling! And we know he needs a clutch first, as that is far more important than the 'look' of the whole thing, which again is not bad at all. The flash from the ****ty camera does it no justice .

Quick Reply: Not so stealth APR Stage 3+ install with APR front mount IC and the stock bumper.