A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

OK, now I'm really pissed @ Carlsen Audi...

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2002, 10:43 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OK, now I'm really pissed @ Carlsen Audi...

So Carlsen had my car for 6 days to fix an oil leak. Actually 3 days too long since they had it sitting around for 3 days, but I digress. Arrgh!
Anyway, since I didn't have the time to give my car the once over when I picked it up, I looked it over tonight after work. Here's what I found:

1) The plastic engine cover wasn't put back on correctly. It was just wedged into place. The fastening screws were not even secured. It was sitting askew in its normal place. What the...???

2) The check engine light has just come on. I have no idea why.

3) This is the biggie.
THEY SCRAPED UP 3 OF MY BRAND NEW BBS CH RIMS!!!!!!
Yes, you read that correctly. I just looked at them and 3 of the rims have scraping damage along the edges. I AM SO FREEKIN' PISSED!!

Should I take this matter right to the Service Manager or deal with the Service Advisor (Mike) 1st? Maybe right to the owner of the dealership? I'm already dissatisfied with them for how easy it was to just drive away in my car without anyone checking who I was. Has anyone had a similar experience? Do you think I can get them to repair the rims? I don't have any direct proof that the rims were undamaged prior to dropping my car off, even though I know they were. It will be my word against theirs. I can't believe this. I decide to give a different dealer a try and this is what I get. AAARRGHHH!!!!!
Old 03-18-2002, 10:56 PM

Default Re: OK, now I'm really pissed @ Carlsen Audi...

When you take you car in , you have them do a walk around your car to show them that there is nothing wrong with the car. Then when you pick it up you check it out before you leave.
Old 03-18-2002, 11:01 PM

Default Re: That is why I went to Livermore Audi for my A4

The service is better plus they do give you a loaner...
Old 03-19-2002, 02:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Calmly talk to the Service Manager about the problems...

Don't get upset right away, just explain everything that you've noticed and see what he says. If he is unwilling to help, then go higher as necessary. If you're calm and professional with them, they'll be the same to you and more likely to help you out.
Old 03-19-2002, 05:01 AM

Default Good advice ... (more)

... I know that it will be difficult to be calm and keep your head straight given the damage they did to your new scoot. But, I agree with woofpup. Be nice anc calm and start with the service manager. If you don't get any satisfaction, move on up the line and adjust attitude as needed.

Good luck!
Old 03-19-2002, 07:17 AM

Default They may have installed security cameras since their 'embarrasment'. Ask. Maybe their own camera

will show that your wheels were pristine before they started servicing the car.

P.S. If I was a service manager, I would take digital pics of each car coming in. Picures, for instance, might have eliminated the need for my uncomfortable discussion with the local Audi service manager on my 2000 A4. When I came to retrieve the car, it had a 1/2" upholstery cut on the right door armrest. One of the techs had just replaced my faulty cigarette lighter assy. The main thing I had going for me was the fact that the car was in otherwise pristine condition. After talking for a few minutes and keeping my anger under control (surprised myself - boy was I mad) they then repaired it perfectly without further ado. I think the manager believed (and probably still believes) it was a pre-existing cut and that I got away with a free repair. I don't appreciate that and, for that reason if for no other, I wish they had taken pre-service pictures. The 2+ megapixel cameras aren't very expensive anymore and they take excellent pictures that show good detail. The memory cards hold very large numbers of pictures and can be easily erased when they fill. Heck, I keep one in my car, maybe I'll just take my own pics when I'm in the service bay waiting for service.
Old 03-19-2002, 09:09 AM
TZL

hey boba fett....are you around foster city? i saw you thur night i think heading on 92w
Old 03-19-2002, 09:34 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Yep, if you see a Brilliant Yellow A4 around there it's probably me. My rims are a dead giveaway.
Old 03-19-2002, 09:48 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Exactly. Be as calm as you can. Know ahead of time what you want from them.
Old 03-19-2002, 10:07 AM
AudiWorld Expert

I'm still PO'd this morning but I'll definately remain professional when I call them.