A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

Okay my daily dose of Road Rage.....(long rant).

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2003, 01:16 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Okay my daily dose of Road Rage.....(long rant).

I just need to vent.
So I'm in the far right lane of a merging 3 lane road that merges to one lane on the left in about 1/2 mile (right lanes merge). We are all stopped at a light. I realize I can get in front of traffic easily so I gun it at the light, and with no problem at all, I get in front of traffic while still under the legal speed limit of 55MPH (I got a good jump on everyone).

So I'm cruising along in the far left lane well ahead of traffic and from out of nowhere, a Buick Rendezvous comes next to me (must of been behind me at the light) and acts like he is going to pass me on the right, just before his lane ends. HIS LANE ENDS IN ABOUT 20yds. So I DO NOT WANT HIM jumping in front of me cutting me off. His front bumper isn't even next to my rear door.

I of course speed up and get well in front of him. Okay, now of course the guy gets on my *** and tails me with less than a 1/2 car following distance. We now have cought up with traffic, and I'm following a truck. The Rendezvous is still on my ***. So I lightly brake check him, to no avail. I then give him the friendly bird. Anyways this goes on for about 2 miles and he tries to pass me three times on the right when the lanes open up for passing cars that are turning left (short 50yd lanes). THESE ARE NOT PASSING LANES FOR NORMAL TRAFFIC. This is a country road that is ONE LANE. These are small pass by lanes for people turning into their subdivisions. CONSIDER THEM SMALL SHOULDERS THAT OPEN UP. I of course don't give him an inch because it is ILLEGAL to pass someone on the right on a ONE LANE ROAD.

So he ends up turning left at the next light. No big deal I think, this type of crap happens everyday to someone I am following, or to myself.

I come to the next light to turn left and this hick in a Ford pickup truck tells me to roll my window down (he's going straight and is to my right). So I do and he tells me "if I tried that stuff with him he would put me three roads over in the corn field". I laugh and say, "just tell me one thing. what did I do wrong?" He says, "I saw the tricks you were pulling with that Rendezvous." So I repeat my question and he then says, "well the county police now know what happened" and he proceeds to show me his cell phone. I just laughed at him and continued on my way.

I hope to see that guy in the Ford pickup so I can wave HI to him the next time I see him and show him my cell phone. What an ***.

Thanks for letting me vent.
Any good or bad feedback is welcomed.
Old 03-27-2003, 01:23 PM

Fun story. Happened to me more than once too. Nothing wrong with venting.
Old 03-27-2003, 01:35 PM
AudiWorld Super User

stupid question.. but why not just let them (the a$$hole) pass?
Old 03-27-2003, 01:41 PM

Default That just might get you shot or a good *** beating here in Cali...depends where you are, why...

not just let them pass and avoid the situation entirely. I used to do that same **** until I saw on the news one night a guy wouldn't let another guy in front of him on the highway get off an offramp. So when he pulled up behind him at the light of the offramp, he got out, pulled his gun out from underneath the seat, walked up to the car in front and shot the guy dead. Not only is that bad, but the guy who shot the guy in front of him had his 6 year old son in the car, and the guy he shot had his wife and kid in the car. Some people just don't give a f*&k. Especially some of those hicks!!! And yes we have those here in Cali in places!
Old 03-27-2003, 02:05 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Cuz it was a Buick Rendezvous and a Ford pickup w/ pos drivers

the only ppl i let pass me like that are:
1. porsche, ferrari, M3 (or of that sort)
2. nice, appreciative ppl
3. another audi

besides, if the buick driver was such a "fast" driver, how come he couldnt pass? he didnt deserve to be ahead...then again, he shouldnt have been *following* an audi either hehe.

it's not that bad here in LA, depends wut area ur in.
Old 03-27-2003, 02:23 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I agree with Jspr

if you gun it off the light, you clearly didn't cut anybody off, then that stupid Buick has no beef except for the fact that he feels its his duty to teach everyone a lesson.

The F150? I woulda laughed and asked him why it was any of his business to begin with.
Old 03-27-2003, 02:27 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default It's the principle behind it. If there wasn't traffic ahead, I would have let him pass. I usually

do. The fact is he had to get one car further in traffic to turn left 2 miles ahead. I'd rather have crazy drivers behind me than in front of me.

I'm not worried about getting shot at either. I think you way over estimate the situation.
Old 03-27-2003, 02:29 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Yes, but why gun it at the light, then proceed to slow down just to "teach the other guy a lesson"..

of why your Audi is superior to his POS Ford of Rednezvous? If they want to drive recklessly, exceed the speed limit, crash into another car, get a speeding ticket, etc., you aren't going to help the situation by making them slow down. At best, you'll make things worse off for them, because when they finally do get a "passing lane" they are more infuriated and even more dangerous the other people on the road.

I say, let them pass. If its going to make them feel better that they get to their destination 30 seconds faster than anyone else, more power to them.
Old 03-27-2003, 02:29 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Because he was passing me on the right, just before his lane ended. I had the right of way.
Old 03-27-2003, 02:33 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default You mis-understood the situation. I didn't "slow" down. His lane was ending and we just hit 55MPH.

It all happened too fast. The counter point is this. If I let him pass then he continues to do the same thing to everyone else that has a slower car than his. That isn't right. It's not about who has a nicer vehicle, it's the principle behind it.

You guys are making this situation seem way to complex. I'm more upset at the stupid guy in the truck rather then the Rendezvous.

I bet 99% of you put in the same situation would have done the same thing. The fact was that his lane was about to end and he was going all of 5MPH faster then me to pass me. If I let him pass me, I would have had to slam on my brakes because his front bumper wasn't even pass my rear door by the time his lane was ending.

Quick Reply: Okay my daily dose of Road Rage.....(long rant).