A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

Opinions needed - Michelin Pilot Sport A/S or the P Zero Nero M+S - which would you choose and why?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2003, 05:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinions needed - Michelin Pilot Sport A/S or the P Zero Nero M+S - which would you choose and why?

Besides the price, anyone have experience with the tires and can give me good feedback on why they chose that particular tire.

i live in NJ, we get "some" snow... hopefully not as bad as what we got last year will happen again. but i am more concerned with dry and wet conditions, however, i would like some control in the snow

thanks so much!

Old 10-16-2003, 05:55 AM

The price diff is quite big. An article in European Car this summer spoke well of the Nero M+S
Old 10-16-2003, 06:11 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default For the money the Dunlop SP5000 is a great tire - not sure if it's

available in the size you want though. Had two sets on my old Avant and was suitably impressed.
Old 10-16-2003, 06:35 AM

Default dood. let me know what you decide- i'm in ur situation, mabbe we can buy together

an get discount =) snow tires for now, new wheels next year=)

(btw- i have a hook up on hre rims..call me later dood)
Old 10-16-2003, 06:47 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: Opinions needed - Michelin Pilot Sport A/S or the P Zero Nero M+S - which would you choose and w

I have the pilot A/S and I think that they are great. I was using the sp 5000 for winter and putting summer tires also. But I decide to go with one tire. They are great in the rain, and no snow yet
Old 10-16-2003, 07:50 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I'm in the same boat as you and I also live in Jersey. I've decided to go with the P zero Nero M+S.

Tire rack spoke highly of them and the reviews were pretty good. Least importantly, I like the tread design! Tirerack has a good test/comparison using the wheel on a 3 series bimmer. The P Zero did well in wet and dry conditions, and should do well is snow. They also stated it was very quiet.
Old 10-16-2003, 10:00 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Howcome you didn't consider the ContiExtreme Contacts? Just curious..
Old 10-16-2003, 10:05 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Actually I did...

I was actually going to go with those. I decided to go with the Pirellis for 2 reasons based on the info and reviews I read on Tirerack:

1) They make less noise than the Contis

2) Tirerack has them ranked as the best high performance all season.

The conti's will probably outshine the Pirellis as far as snow goes, but the Pirelli had the Conti beat in all other categories IIRC.
Old 10-16-2003, 10:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Cool. Thanks for the info man...

I think it's for the snow performance alone of the Conti's that I may go w/ those this winter... Drive safe!
Old 10-16-2003, 10:45 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Have you thought about dedicated snow tires for the winter?

I was all set to get the ContiExtreme Contacts for my OEM 16" wheels, but there's a nationwide backorder on them in my size (215/55R16) and won't be available until the end of November. By then, the snow should already be flying and/or temperatures dropping too low for the summer tires to react safely. I'm over in NE Ohio.

Since the time of getting a lot of snow is only for a few weeks and road conditions are maintained fairly well, I've opted to get the Blizzak LM-22 tires. They're designed for mostly dry and wet road conditions with improved traction over snow and ice.

The Blizzaks were recommended to me by a local S4 owner who uses them himself. Looking forward to this winter to give them a test! =)

Quick Reply: Opinions needed - Michelin Pilot Sport A/S or the P Zero Nero M+S - which would you choose and why?