A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

People with REVO...(edited)

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2004, 07:35 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default People with REVO...(edited)

Are you satisfied with the performance? Any gremlins? I am contemplating a trial run on Saturday. About to cross 10K miles, woohoo! What are some of the ideal ways to test the performance during the trial period?

<EDIT>
BTW, for people in the MD/VA/DC area, I am doing this at Pro-Imports. Can't say enough good things about them. Do I need to go up to SPS2 to have the Security feature? Am I OK with just the basic SPS? Correct me if I am wrong, but does the REVO program negate the stock Immobilizer?
</EDIT>

After all the A/V goodies, I think I am ready for some Perf. mods. CO suspension upgrade and 18 (likely) or 19s in the summer.

Thanks!
Old 01-08-2004, 09:22 PM

Default WooHoo! Awesome! Once you go for your trial, you'll turn your car right around and go -m-

back to chip it all the way! That's what I did... and at that, at Pro-Imports. Have you met up with Dave and Pat yet? Aren't they awesome guys?

Anyway, I have no probs with my REVo. In fact, since being chip (I think the very first one at Pro-Imports for B6 platform and generally, one of the first few to go REVo) I have had no prob. I did however go back and get an updated version about three weeks ago. Glad I did - it seems to be smoother and yet it retains its constant power upto redline. The 2000-3000 RPM stutter seems to have been suppress a little... Or at least I seem to notice it less.

As for the SPS unit... I currently have the SPS3 unit. But I must say, that I don't use it much, except when I take my car back to the dealer for servicing. I guess I do from time to time tinker with the boost levels, but other than that, I just leave it the way it is. But I suppose it all depends on how you'll use your SPS unit. As for the security program, it does work. Even though you have your key turned to on position, it will not turn on the car completely. Other than that, hope you enjoy your trial. But I would definitely suggest getting an aftermarket DV - I think Pro-Imports has a special going on - don't they? Check it out... Later
Old 01-08-2004, 11:28 PM

Default With mine, so far a few minor problems have come up...

I am completely satisfied with the program's performance, but I have torn some hoses. I took back to the dealer the first time, they replaced under warranty...but about a month later, another boost leak is occuring...have not yet traced the leak...may just take it back to Audi again to have it fixed.
Also, I have torn my first Forge Race DV diaphragm, luckily the kit came with 3. I may look into the Samco silicone hose kit after warranty expires.
This all happened after being chipped. I suspect that this can result from any chip with increased boost, I intend staying with Revo.
Old 01-09-2004, 07:44 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Re: With mine, so far a few minor problems have come up...

thanks for the feedback! did you go back to the dealer to get it fixed yet?
Old 01-09-2004, 07:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Re: WooHoo! Awesome! Once you go for your trial, you'll turn your car right around and go -m-

thanks for the info! i've met pat and spoken to david on occasions. i am doing my in-between oil change there on saturday.

i am still a bit confused about the security program that comes with the SPS2 in addition to the stock/perf. mode dial. If I get the basic SPS (stock/perf only - no security), can I still use the stock engine immobilizer built into the factory ECU? I was going to ask on Sat but thought I'd ask here as well.

thanks again.
Old 01-09-2004, 08:40 AM

I love my REVO, no codes or issues so far.
Old 01-09-2004, 09:19 AM

Default Yes... I don't see why not - The security program is suppose to work in conjunction with the -m-

existing alarm. If you decide to just get basic SPS unit, you'd still have your Audi immobilizer. If you get SPS 2 or 3... You'd still have Audi immobilizer. Anyway, side note, even if you get the basic SPS unit, you can still have someone who has an SPS 2 or 3 to tinker with your program in your car, because as I understand it, you have all the needed programs installed when you first get the program... It's the SPS unit that taps into these programs. So even if you don't get an SPS 2 or 3, if you know someone who has it, you can just borrow theirs... Does that make sense?
Old 01-09-2004, 10:11 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default ....'Ol Buddy 'Ol Pal :-D

j/k thanks much! Based on an assesment I think I may just go with the basic SPS unit, I am not one that tinkers with the engine *too much*.
Old 01-09-2004, 10:13 AM

Default LoL... Well, if you need to use my SPS 3 unit - and you just happen to be in Northern VA area, -m-

give me a shout out! I'm willing to share
Old 01-09-2004, 10:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

thanks, i'll bring beer :-)

Quick Reply: People with REVO...(edited)