A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

Philips HID conversion kit

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 07:17 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im a poor kid too. I was just looking to avoid the errors. Besides, I found out the Philips I was looking at was a scam anyway so Ill be looking forward to seeing how yours goes. Philips doesn't make an aftermarket kit. Its some Chinese company playing their crap off as legit Philips stuff. The website was very convincing. Thanks for the info tho.
Old 10-04-2010, 02:21 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by REDixon87
Where did you purchase yours from? A pic would be great!! Also where does it say yours are made on the box? I've read there are some knock-offs from China that look the same as the real thing. Thanks for the reply

Mine were made genuinely by the Philips company which I bought from the philips xenon website. I did see some of the kits on ebay but they only offered a 1 year warranty compared to the philips site which offered 2 years. I suspect the ebay hids are counterfeit philips systems. Send me an email address or cell number and I can send them with my bberry.

Hope that helps.

SS
Old 10-11-2010, 05:23 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by REDixon87
Does anyone have experience with this conversion kit? I've read Philips is the one that makes the Audi OEM HIDs. So I was thinking because of this there might be less of a chance of getting the warning lights. I have the stock H7 halogens. Any other recommendations would be appreciated. I've searched the forum history but the Philips was never talked about. Thanks everybody!!
Installed the DDMtuning HID kit last week, and I'm impressed. Got them shipped for 50$ to my door, packaging was legit, and everything was there. No problems thus far. I had an error light at first, but I think there was a bad connection with the error canceler, but everything is fine now. I can start up the car 100 times, and these babies will fire up every time. Not to mention they look great! I've got another set coming from SonicTuning (over on AZ) this week, and will be installing them in the foglight housings. Jeeze, this car's gonna be wired... LOL

If your car didn't come with the HID's, as far as I know, you need cancelers to not get the warning lights.. Again, why spend $260 on a set that does the same thing as a $50 set? I was skeptical at first as well, and I was thinking well these are OEM Audi right? **** that. These things are amazing, and I haven't had any problems yet. If I run into some I'll let you know.
Old 10-11-2010, 07:48 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Awesome. Thanks for the reply!