A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

Placing sensor in rear bumper without removing?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2003, 01:30 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Placing sensor in rear bumper without removing?

I'm interested in a reverse park radar solution that has the antenna/sensor behind the plastic of the bumper instead of on it. Now that's interesting because I never wanted such tool because the sensors looked ugly, but this one is 100% invisible.

Anyway, the antenna is a thin metal strip covering the whole width of the bumper that needs to be place behind the plastic shell of the bumper. Can this be done without removing the whole rear bumper? Maybe its reachable from below?
Old 01-06-2003, 01:49 PM

Default Did you know that Parktronic is a factory option? (OT radar detector Q's inside)

I've got it on my 3.0. Truth be told, I wouldn't have asked for it, but it was on the car on the lot that had what I wanted, so I took it. Now that I have it, though, I love it and would definitely ask for it on my next Audi.

I don't know whether it was an option on your 1.8T. Do you?

<rant flavor="meaningless">
I mean you go to all this trouble to make your car look like a 3.0 (aluminum window trim), you tune the hell out of it just to reach a 3.0's level of power (although not at low rpms), and now you want this parking-sensor option, which you would probably have right now if you had just gotten the 3.0 in the first place. I bet you wish you had leather seats too. Feh.
</rant>

On a serious note, I have a K40 remote radar detector with front and rear antenna units and a laser detector/jammer in the front license plate frame. I'm wondering about your detector installation. Does yours have a rear unit too? Regardless, where did you choose to put the antennas and the head unit? I haven't installed mine yet because I can't find a spot that meets my expectations. You clearly understand this attitude because you want to avoid any funny business on your bumper, so I'm sure you chose great spots. So where in the front can you mount a detector cleanly with good line-of-sight that's not through metal?

--Sandy
Old 01-06-2003, 02:08 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Like i said, I don't like visible sensors. Parktronic IS visible.

And EVERYTHING is an option in Europe (including factory tuning, sport seats and alu trim), so obviously also ParkTronic. If I wanted leather I would have orderd it, don't you think?

I don't like the look of the ParkTronic sensors (although I must say they are less visible than on any other car I've seen so far, for stock sensors). I don't really need parking sensors anyway, but if its 100% invisible I think is a nice gadget that one day may come in handy.

And about the window trim and 3.0 wannabe...man you're narrowminded. For someone with only 35 posts you have a lot of nerve, if I may say so.
Old 01-06-2003, 02:34 PM

Default Aluminium trim looks nice on dark colours especially

nothing to do with looking like a 3.0 or whatever, since the cars arent specced out in that manner over here anyway.

We take what we want, mix and match.
Old 01-06-2003, 02:48 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Uuh, replied to the wrong line/user . Thanks anyway for the support :P
Old 01-06-2003, 02:59 PM

Default everyone always think i do that, I was just agreeing with you and posted in your line

lol.
Old 01-06-2003, 03:22 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Funny, he is getting on 1.8t tuners and he wants a stupidcharger...hmm, why not wait for the S4...
Old 01-06-2003, 03:25 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Reminds me, I still have to post a wheel close up. Sorry, been busy.
Old 01-06-2003, 03:27 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

You are in the Nederlands, right?
Old 01-06-2003, 03:45 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Yep. Hmmm, it was 1.8T_O.C. who requested a close up, sorry for the mix up.

Quick Reply: Placing sensor in rear bumper without removing?