A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

POLL: Describe your driving style. How hard or easy do you drive?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2002, 01:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I purposely left that option out, but I knew that someone was gonna throw it in... oh well =)
Old 01-02-2002, 01:07 PM
AudiWorld Super User

She likes it a lot. It was great when out of the blue she said how much she likes the car.
Old 01-02-2002, 01:11 PM

Default That's so wierd!

I overheard my Mom ranting and raving about my car to my Dad the other day. I had just taken her out for a fun ride in the snow (football sized parking lot with a foot of fresh snow)... Showed her some Quattro, ESP, ABS action. =)
Old 01-02-2002, 01:17 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default LOL. How did she like it?

I tried the same thing with my wife only to be reprimanded. She was pulled over the next day. ;-) Pay back is a bitch.
Old 01-02-2002, 01:30 PM

Default She was white-knuckled for the first 3 or 4 minutes...

Then I realized I had to approach it differently... So I started showing her the safety aspects of the car, i.e. ESP and ABS. That's when she relaxed a little and started enjoying the car.

She especially loved how I could slam on the brakes at high speeds in half a foot of snow and have the car stay completely straight with my hands off the steering wheel. I also showed her the difference in handling with ESP on and off. She was very impressed.

Next time, try to market the whole "fun-in-the-snow" experience as a "get-to-know-the-safety-features-of-your-new-A4". =)
Old 01-02-2002, 02:13 PM

No chip limit unless it's over 130MPH, last time I looked down was at 130 exactly.
Old 01-02-2002, 05:22 PM

at the limit...logically
Old 01-02-2002, 06:52 PM

Default Here are some answers and a two lane road passing scenario.

. Yes, I choose to accelerate away from BMWs at offramps or, for that matter, whenever else I get the chance.

Fairly busy interstate with a 55 mph speed limit. How fast do you drive?

. I usually stay within 7 MPH of the speed limit. Our freeways outside the city are posted at 75 MPH. In the city where it's 55 you stick out like a sore thumb if you drive too fast (the driving's pretty easy here).

An off ramp that has a long sweeping turn.
Do you take it easy or do you down shift and make the tires squeal?

. I down shift and take it faster than I ought to. I haven't yet gotten my tires to squeal though.

4 lane highway that you travel very often with a moderate amount of traffic.
Do you take it easy or do you change lanes often to pass other cars?

. Traffic here pretty much drives the way I do. Not much need to make frequent lane changes.

If there are 10 fun turns that you encounter during a drive. How many of then do you make an attempt to drive in a spirited manner?

. All of them (and there are plenty to choose from around here). Hey! Taking the Turbo Quatro up the local winding mountain roads is sheer joy (turbo for the climbing acceleration through the curves at these elevations and Quatro for staying glued to the road regardless of how brave I'm feeling on a given day).

Nobody's said much about two lane roads. On a two lane road do you just drive along with the flow of traffic, or do you ... (use your own words).

. I pass slower cars (when it's safe and legal). The 1.8T allows me to do so quickly without hassle (it's one of the best things about this car). I'm finding more and more though, that people are reluctant to pass and would just as soon stay with the flow of traffic regardless of speed. IMHO I think it's because people don't get a chance to practice this skill very often with today's modern highway systems and easy driving conditions (and more powerful trucks and RVs that don't creep along at even the slightest hint of a grade).
Old 01-02-2002, 07:00 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default If my tires last more than 20K, I'm disappointed.

Plan all my trips around off-ramps and on-ramps as well as when they might be clear. Weeeeeeeeeee !
Old 01-02-2002, 07:55 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default 1)ESP-off 2)At least know the speed limit 3)Drive how you would want people to drive around you

When nobody's around, that's a different story. Take few chances, but go as fast as is safe. Leave margin for gravel, deer, kids. Always pass in the daytime, but at night, keep a car out in front. Only run a yellow lite when you can see stopped cars at the sides of the intersection. Also, I am trying not to travel in snowy or otherwise ****ty conditions. There was a 40+ car pile-up on Rts. 80&81 near here. Lots of cars on fire.

Quick Reply: POLL: Describe your driving style. How hard or easy do you drive?