A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

Poll: Who has worn interior parts??

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2004, 07:39 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Funny how some dealers are. Which one is more of a wear item and which ones costs more? Hmmm
Old 07-29-2004, 07:40 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I do take good care of the car....

But even if I owned some piece of crap car, this should NOT be happening. The fact that others have the same problem proves that it is a faulty and or cheap design.

All in all, I think it is a joke that the car is falling apart like it is, especially when my other car, a 10 year old acura with 130,000 miles, looks like it did the day I bought it. And that car cost half as much as the A4...
Old 07-29-2004, 07:42 PM
AudiWorld Super User

My 10 year old Porsche's dash looks brand new. This is a defect.
Old 07-29-2004, 07:50 PM
Jo2
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I don't exactly understand what constitutes "normal" wear and tear. The part in particular that is

peeling, is the little rectangular storage hole located right behind the flip up lighter. I store my cell phone in there, so over time, it has rubbed against the inside causing it to peel. Now my question is, if that isn't "normal" use, or normal wear and tear, well then, what is?
Old 07-29-2004, 07:53 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default If you have used the part excessively than it's impossible to tell if it's defective, UNLESS...

that parts primary function is to be used and it fails in an unreasonable amount of time. What is unreasonable? I'd say one and two year old cars still under their warranty period is unreasonable. I have never stored a thing in that cubby and have peeling in several locations in the center console. That is not normal wear and tear. If you can prove that others are experiencing this when not putting wear on that location, than you may be able to convince your dealer that yours is not normal wear and tear either.
Old 07-29-2004, 08:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default here is my wear list.

1) window switches worn
2) wear around my volume for radio
3) mark under armrest where ebake hit it.
4) shift ****. chrome ring peeling off.
5) (the one that drives me crazy) wear around the left of the center consol where my right knee hits and rubs.
6) on my tan interior. That black plastic on rear seat belt rubs against my tan seats and leave a mark.
Old 07-29-2004, 10:30 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I love the way my A4 interior looks but....

it can wear so easily its really pissing me off. I feel like Im walking on egg shells whenever im sitting in my car. I have an 03 and everything is still in great condition but only because I operate everything as LITTLE as possible (i litterally avoid adjusting radio after its on, its so sad, as well as window switchs, i just dont touch them if possible), and I operate it very carefully with only two fingers. Its a battle to keep the interior nice
Old 07-29-2004, 11:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default YES! finally someone else has come out with this problem besides me!

My entire interior is pretty much chipping, my center console looks like a leopard, the driver and passenger inside door handle has become a lighter color (i have tan interior), my steering wheel is discolored, even my center armrest is becoming worn, i've had all of my window switches replaced, my headlight switch was also replaced, the rest of the parts are not covered under warrantee and are considered wear and tear, for a 2 year old car with only 25k on it...thats pretty weak, my 1991 Honda CRX (track car) with 195k on the chassis has never had an issue with interior panels

I called AOA and they told me that they've "never heard of it before", just like when i told them my horns kept dying(i'm on my 5th set)

I love my audi, i enjoy driving it in every aspect, but when stuff like this comes up, it makes me wonder about how this car is going to hold up with more milage on it, and if this is how audi is going to handle things, this may possibly be the last audi i will ever own
Old 07-30-2004, 03:49 AM

Default several.

driver's side window switch is peeling

on the radio, just under the display, there's a coupla spots that are peeling.

the center armrest button to open the lid looks horrid.

the driver's door handle (on the armrest) is peeling badly.

haven't checked the ignition switch.

---and also haven't tried the dealer yet. not sure if it's even worth it.

btw, thanks for not returning my email d00d.
Old 07-30-2004, 04:30 AM

Steering Wheel and Shifter peeling after 12K. Replaced under warranty

Quick Reply: Poll: Who has worn interior parts??