A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

Power steering fluid shooting out of cap?!

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 01:18 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power steering fluid shooting out of cap?!

03' A4 avant 3.0 I had a small power steering leak somewhere, and about once every month or two I had to put a little bit more ps fluid in to stop the groaning. Pretty sure I was using the right stuff--11S. Then a couple weeks ago, I put some more in, and next thing I noticed it was shooting it back out of the reservoir cap.
I took the reservoir off and inspected it the best I could, all the ports seemed functional. When I put it back together, it just bubbles and splashes out of the top. And when I put more ps fluid in, the power steering works fine and is quiet, but it still shoots out of the cap, and starts groaning again when it gets low on ps fluid. I have talked to 3 different shops and gotten 3 different answers..?%#
I also tried bleeding it..
I ordered a new pump last week, but then they emailed back and said they were out of stock. My question is should I start w replacing the ps pump? Or is it possible that it is not the pump? One guy from one Audi dealership said he had only seen this problem once before in 10 years, and it wasn't the pump..
What ta do? Where should I start?
And if you think it is the ps pump, can anyone send me a good DIY link for 03' 3.0 ? Thanks so much.
Doug
Old 09-26-2016, 07:05 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default same problem

Anyone come up with an answer to this? I am having the exact same problem