A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

Question for A4 owners in Dallas, TX

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2003, 08:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question for A4 owners in Dallas, TX

Recently moved to Dallas and I'm not too familiar with the area yet but I'm looking to get into a new 03 A4. I was wondering if anyone has had incredible or horrible experiences with any of the local dealers.

Much thanks in advance.
Old 03-26-2003, 08:33 AM

Default Re: Question for A4 owners in Dallas, TX

I bought my '02 A4 from University Park Audi. I was and have been very pleased so far. My salesperson's name was Ricardo. The sales manager there - Oscar - is also a very nice guy and is involved with the local Audi club. As far as local performance shops go, we have Kentek. They are a great group of guys and have a good reputation. They did the chip in my car. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Andy
Old 03-26-2003, 09:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought my mine at Baillargeon Audi over by DFW Airport. They treated me very well which really sold me on this car. Ive havent had to deal with the service department yet minus my window tinting. Give David Reasoner a call.817-424-AUDI(2834)
For any upgrades Kentek is definantly the way to go. Kenny Rocks!!!
Check out<ul><li><a href="http://www.northtexasaudigroup.com">http://www.northtexasaudigroup.com</a</li></ul>
Old 03-26-2003, 09:38 AM

marklar182 and AndysA4 -

Thanks for both your suggestions. I stopped by Boardwalk once to check out some used 02's but I wanted to make sure that I visited some other places before I settled into a dealership.

I think the DFW Car Show starts today, I wonder what goodies Audi will have in store for us?
Old 03-26-2003, 09:59 AM

Default 02 A4 here. Boardwalk, UP, and Baillergeon are all fine dealers.

The Auto Show is also in Dallas starting today. Go check out the RS6! Its here!
Old 03-26-2003, 10:36 AM

Default Bought mine from Boardwalk when they were still The Audi Store ... great sales and service!

Ask for Maurice
Old 03-26-2003, 10:46 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Baillargeon has Audi loaners....

Had some service done on my B5 few weeks ago -- first time visting them and was favorably impressed. Got two Dunlop SP 5000 tires from them a little cheaper than Discount Tire. While fixing an emissions recall item that I had taken it in for, they noticed some other problems (motor mount and a leaking driveshaft seal) that were under warranty, as well. PLUS, I got to keep the '03 A4 3.0 CVT loaner overnight :-).
Old 03-26-2003, 12:26 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I've been to all 3 of them.....

I think it has to do with the sales person you're working with what your individual experience is going to be at any of the local dealers.

Since I prefer to do my research and become educated on-line about the cars, I rather deal with an internet/fleet manager than a regular sales rep as I have no need to be sold on the car and be educated about the features, I tend to be just as familiar with the car as the average salesman by the time I'm ready to go to a dealer.

Baillargeon doesn't have an internet manager, you'll have to deal with a regular sales guy. They are the new kind on the block, one of the 5 new dealerships that opened nationwide within the last 10 years. They just opened last year. I didn't like the fact that after they weren't willing to give me a "fair" deal (it was 5% profit deal I offered, not a lowball) they badmouthed an other dealer in the area just to scare me off.

Broadwalk Audi is in Plano and their internet manager is a really arrogant lady, who's not fun to talk with after you get her mad.She started out nice with me, let us take the car to test drive for 30 minutes without any problems. Then she tried to sell me a car MSRP giving me the "it's a rare one and we've been getting MSRP for these" mumbo-jumbo so I tried to walk. She asked me for a counteroffer, I gave her the same 5% dealer profit offer and she rejected. Then I told her that another dealer will gladly match it and I'll take my business there, that's when she got really pissed.Instead of willing to work with me, and make an easy sale, she let me walk. Also they had a 2002 used red 3.0 A4 quattro Avant 6-speed with 6k miles on the lot for $33.5K and they told me that it's a unique car and it will sell for that much, they wouldn't budge. I would have bought it for $31K probably that very same day. Then they ended up selling that car for $30K on Ebay after adding 6year 100k warranty to it and sell it as a certified used car. It was funny to watch how it didn't sell on Ebay for $31.5K without warranty and how they acted so superior when I inquired about it via e-mail still.

The 3rd dealer University Park Audi is owned by Sonic Automotive, who own about 180 car dealers in the US. Their current store looks kind of ghetto, they operate out of a trailer because they are in the process of building the largest Audi store in the nation. They are supposed to move into their new place in April. Their internet manager, O'neil Littlejohn is a really nice guy. He accepted my offer via e-mail without me ever talking to him before. Needless to say I ordered my car from them. He was professional and really easy to work with. My car is still on order so I can't attest to the whole buying experience but if the F&amp;I office will be as smooth as the sales office was, I'll be one happy Audi owner.
Old 03-27-2003, 06:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

FYI: Baillargeon has the best Audi service tech in the nation.