A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

Questions about situation with my a4.....(long)

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2004, 12:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions about situation with my a4.....(long)

So Saturday i was away on a camping trip about 2 hours from home. At a light, i throw the car in first, start going. When i shift into second the engine completely shuts off. I manage to coast to the side of the road and when i try (about 10 times) to turn the car back on, the engine goes on each time for about 1 second then cuts off. I call audi roadside assistance, which by the way is a nightmare in and of itself and they finally get a tow for me to the local dealer. I end up having to leave my car there for the weekend cause there is no techs in on a weekend. I call today and get a runaround at their dealer all day from about 9:30am till 4:30 it took me to find out that they haven't even looked at my car yet and i was told to call back at 12 tomorrow to inquire. Now mind you i have no car, am forced to miss work, and am becoming more and more pissed. I call my local dealer to ask them if there is anything they can do such as a loaner or anything and i basically got brushed off being told that they have no loaners and there is nothing they would do(service guy managed to get me off the phone within 2 minutes). I do understand that they can't just take my car in, but i'm sure they could have at least run diagnostics to tell me what is wrong and possibly order parts for it if need be. And what makes me more mad is that i just had the car serviced less than a week before. I can't believe that a car should break down after a week from the servicing. Am i wrong for being this pissed and am i also wrong for assuming my dealer should possibly do something to help/remedy the situation? I figured i'd ask on here before i flip you know what and move on to AoA. Thanks for any input
Old 08-30-2004, 12:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

who's the dealer? name names.
Old 08-30-2004, 12:37 PM

Default It's at Newton Motorsports in Newton, NJ and....

my dealer is Schneider-Nelson Audi in Long Branch, NJ
Old 08-30-2004, 12:48 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default no not wrong. i'd be pissed as well. granted there are times that you bring in a car for service

and the techs don't catch a problem until after you leave, but the techs should have looked at a "possible" problem beforehand when they were doing your service.

2 scenarios;
1st-they worked on your car and managed to fudge something by accident and didn't know or knew about it and did the regular service
2nd-there was a problem with the car that they didn't know about or knew about it but did the regular service anyway...

granted the dealer is busy, they should still try and see if they can give you an update at least and tell you an idea of what's wrong with it (my oppinion--might be a hose leak somewhere), but to brush you off like that would make me want to go to another dealer. if/when you get your car fixed, i'd service it somewhere else. i go to a dealer 30 minutes away vs a 10 minute one where my friend works because I just don't feel i'd get the service i need/want.

sorry to hear about your woes.
Old 08-30-2004, 12:50 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Chill...

My accord sat at the dealer for two days before they looked at it, and they definately didnt overlook it, because i had parked it in the middle of the driveway on a sunday, so they had to move it.

Dealers get busy sometimes, and it takes a while to get the car hooked up to a computer or put in a bay. Your car isnt the only car at their lot needing to get fixed, so chill out and understand that you didnt make an appointment, so you are second priority. Sucks that it happened, and i hope it gets fixed soon, but you need to have a beer and watch tv or something... geez.
Old 08-30-2004, 01:08 PM

mass air flow meter might be busted, it is under warrenty so don't worry
Old 10-08-2004, 07:14 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Motorsports in Newton, NJ is a great dealership!!!

I have been taking my A6 avant at Newton MotorSports and have been very happy with the service. If you need you car asap and have not made an appointment, stick around and show that it is really urgent. They 'll find time to do the work. Also it is very important to get to know your car. When you bring it for service, mention any problem(s) noise(s). Ask them to test drive the car with you. When you pick up your car make sure everything works perfectly. If something is wrong go back immediately to have it fix. If the service department sees you mean business they will be more responsive.
These guys are busy, but do very good work.