A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

Satellite Radio

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 08:55 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Satellite Radio

Hi, new member here.

I just got a 2004 1.8T Q. It has the Symphony Radio with a "Sat" button located in the controls (without Nav). Does that mean that my car is pre-wired for satellite radio? If pre-wired, will both XM or Sirius tuners work?

Has anyone done this?

Thanks!

Bob
Old 05-04-2010, 06:16 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

don't do it, sat radio sounds like crap!
Old 05-06-2010, 12:19 PM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Originally Posted by B6Bob
Hi, new member here.

I just got a 2004 1.8T Q. It has the Symphony Radio with a "Sat" button located in the controls (without Nav). Does that mean that my car is pre-wired for satellite radio? If pre-wired, will both XM or Sirius tuners work?

Has anyone done this?

Thanks!

Bob
From our experiences it means you are prewired for SAT, but you should check. If you press the button and it doesn't play a subscription service broadcast you will need to add a satellite module, possibly an antenna too. The way to check for wiring is to the compartment on the left side of the trunk with the CD changer and SAT wires. If you don't see the wires there, you may need to remove that plastic compartment and draw the wiring loom in to wire the module. It is a plug and play setup if your wiring is there and you have a SAT radio. You simply need to add a satellite module of you choosing, lucky for you - they are on sale.

Click here for Satellite Radio Tuners - 88% off right now.
Phone: 1.800.924.5172 - Sales: 8:30am to MIDNIGHT EST | Customer Service 8:30am - 8pm EST
Questions? PM us for a quick response! | Email: Pete@ecstuning.com
Old 05-06-2010, 09:14 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Chris@ECStuning
From our experiences it means you are prewired for SAT, but you should check. If you press the button and it doesn't play a subscription service broadcast you will need to add a satellite module, possibly an antenna too. The way to check for wiring is to the compartment on the left side of the trunk with the CD changer and SAT wires. If you don't see the wires there, you may need to remove that plastic compartment and draw the wiring loom in to wire the module. It is a plug and play setup if your wiring is there and you have a SAT radio. You simply need to add a satellite module of you choosing, lucky for you - they are on sale.

Click here for Satellite Radio Tuners - 88% off right now.
Thanks Chris. I orfered the tuner from ECS. I had the wires so I was prewired. I fount that taking the vent grill off the left wide of the trunk liner made it easier to find where there wires were attached and it was a simple plug and play (after moving the plug located at the front right passenger footwell).

Bob
Old 05-07-2010, 06:59 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Awesome! Glad we could get you sorted and nice tip for removing the liner. I also forgot to mention that you needed to connect the plug located in the passenger foot well!

Chris
Phone: 1.800.924.5172 - Sales: 8:30am to MIDNIGHT EST | Customer Service 8:30am - 8pm EST
Questions? PM us for a quick response! | Email: Pete@ecstuning.com