A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

Service Used my car without letting me know?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2004, 06:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Service Used my car without letting me know?

Just got my A4 Ultrasport from Champion after one week of repairing an A/C issue which had nothing to do with the compressor they were blaming. Turns out it was the A/C head unit itself, which they replaced and now the problem (according to them) is fixed. But my car seems to have the smell of someone elses cologne... Not BO but perfume (cologne). My Ultrasport is 3.5 weeks old, it smelled of leather when I dropped it off, but after all of their work, it smells of someone else... This only happens if someone drives in the car for more than just a short ride...

The most fascinating thing was when I was called by the service manager to pick up the car he wanted me to leave the car with him for the weekend, to "test" it. I promptly refused and said, "if you fixed the problem then let ME test it..." If it breaks I'll take it back, but I don't need him to drive my car (according to him, 25 to 30 miles) to figure out if the A/C's sporatic problem, which had nothing to do with engine strain, had gone away...

I think easily one can say he wanted to be thorough, but I personally think they used the car Thursday night and wanted to OFFICIALLY drive in the miles they put on Thursday without my permission...

When I showed up to pick up my car, they did not have the paperwork ready, I waited for about 45 minutes until they produced my car, which was not cleaned on the inside and the service manager was outside pointing at specific bug marks and items on the body which he wanted polished off... If the car was ALREADY clean, because I attempted to pick it up LAST MONDAY then the car should be clean!!!! It was kept in the Champion garage while it was being fixed, I saw it on Monday and it was perfectly clean... Why would he want the car to be buffed up front by the detailing guys while I watched from the inside? He didn't see me watching him by the way...

The paper work would verify what mileage I had when I came in, and what it had when it went out... Interestingly I didn't count this but I do know that it is 33.6 miles from my house to them, I'll subtract from my current mileage and we'll have a pick up mileage, I'll compare to their numbers when they mail me my service paper work next week, as they said...

This whole thing might be a huge misconception on my part, and the parts manager might drive a bad *** S4, but ya never know, and their behaviour and lack of orderliness makes me suspicious...

I don't know I don't care, I suspect all..... And what kind of a F--ing moron would leave their car like that??????
Old 08-07-2004, 06:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hmmmm...highly suspicious. But they're prolly gonna say they were "road testing" it.