A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

So I turned on the Audi this morning and....(long)

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2003, 02:52 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So I turned on the Audi this morning and....(long)

I hear this noise (sounds like an hydrolic switch going haywire) coming from the rear passenger side wheel well. I turn off the car then start it up again and the noise returns. Confused as to what it could be, I do a systems check and everthing checks out ok. I play with the ESP, thinking it was either that or the antilock brakes and nothing. So I drive to the dealership with this embarrassing (sound like I was hitting switches on an 64 chevy impala) noise.
I get there cautiously not knowing what the heck is wrong and afraid the car could either die or blow up with me in it. The dealership mechanic lifts the car and we look at it. The noise was comming from the fuel tank. Apparently the fuel pump was going nuts, and I just filled it with Unleaded Super Plus. Anyhow, they said I needed to leave the car, so I asked for a loaner. Now I don't know how it works in the states but from what I've read on the forum most you audi owners get loaner cars when your's goes belly up. Well, I'm in Germay with a US Spec Audi and they will honor my warranty but they wont give me a free loaner. They asked if I wanted to rent an A4 and they would give it to me at a "Discounted Price" of 41 Euros a day but I can only drive it 50 Kilometors a day, anything over that, you pay extra. So I said fine, I had to go to work and I needed wheels. So I call Audi of America this morning and explain the situation. Due to the time difference there was no one in customer relations so I had to talk to roadside assistance. They told me that AoA will reimburse me for only $35 a day. Meaning I would have to pay the difference out of my pocket. They also told me that I would need to talk to Customer relations inorder to get the full reimbursment. To make a long story shorter, Audi of Germany doesn't really support us US Spec Audi owners without a lot of bitching or without having to complain to AoA who in turn contacts Ingolstat who contacts the Dealers and rips into their asses. Then the dealer calls you kissing your *** cause they got ripped a new one.
I also asked them to replace my coil packs, well german audi's here don't have that problem so I have to wait until one keels over and be on the side of the road until they can change it.
Well there goes another phone call to AoA.
Old 08-11-2003, 03:03 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Hey Rankster, look at my post above you!!!

Funny this is what we were talking about last week. What dealer did you goto this morning?! Mine is at Gebert, I could not make it anywhere else with my light on.

What a crappy Audi day in Germany!!!

Rob
Old 08-11-2003, 03:19 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default You aint lying man... my worst day.

I took it to the dealer down town. I will NEVER go back to Gerbert...THOSE FU#$ERS!!!!!
Old 08-11-2003, 04:02 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I agree...

So you went to the big one. Do they seem to be treating you right? I would have gone there today if I had a choice but my light was on and I was not about to waste my day waiting for ADAC. I am not going to them any longer after this. Back to ASC on Thursday also for the hub rings....
Old 08-11-2003, 04:10 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default They were nice..

I have to give them that. But I think this loaner thing was out of their hands. But I will go to the downtown dealer from now on. They brought me coffee w/sugar and cream. Can't wait to go to the dealer in the states and see how they treat me there.
Old 08-11-2003, 09:37 AM

Default Rate your dealer

Someone has posted this a few days back. On the following link you can rate your US dealer. I think it would be a good idea for all of you guys to leave comments here about your dealership. It would help us all out.

<a href="http://1.8t.org/dealers/">http://1.8t.org/dealers/</a>

dombi
Old 08-11-2003, 10:29 AM

Default Your dealer sounds familiar to me ...

when asked to fill the coolant up they charged me 8 bucks a liter or so and tried to charge 0,1hr for their work on a brand new 500 km car.