A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

so my car is in the shop. blew a fuse...

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2002, 06:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default so my car is in the shop. blew a fuse...

it's one of the fuses for the engine management system. they showed me the fault codes and pretty much everything is shut down. the engine was running on some default program. they have to go through everything and figure out what blew the fuse and that could take a while.

my loaner? a saturn rental... an audi, it's not... the crazy thing is, i went this morning to the service dept., and told them my troubles (the ESP light and the CEL light), and they asked if i could leave it. i said only if they gave me another car. they said they had no loaners available, and could only give me a rental if they had to keep it overnight. i was kinda freaked since this is the first thing to ever go wrong with any car i've had, so i said i wanted them to check it out. the service manager tells me the CEL when solid doesn't mean "don't drive the car", it just means that i should have it checked. so he wanted me to drive away with the car like it is (which i guess i COULD have - i drove it there). so i'm about the leave and he comes back and says the tech's should be there soon and if want to wait they will throw the diagnostic machine on there and see what the code is... so they do that. next thing i see is the service manager coming up to me and saying that enterprise will be there shortly to pick me up... no problem huh? should drive away the way it is huh? sorry for the long post... thanks for reading.
Old 09-09-2002, 06:38 AM

they always seem to be out of loaners...i'm always offered only a rental. i want an S4 damnit!
Old 09-09-2002, 09:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default just got a call... it's the rear oxygen sensor...

the part is coming overnight - another damn day with the saturn...