A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

Some advice needed...

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2006, 11:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some advice needed...

So I ordered some new tires for my '04 USP from tirerack. I take them to a recommended shop, and wouldn't you know, I now have identical scratches along the outside of the rim on all 4 wheels from their "touchless" machine. The shop refuses to work with me and bascially accused me of lying about the prior condition of the rims and that I'm trying to rip them off. Unbelievable. I feel like I have exhausted all the phone call b*tchin' options with no satisfaction. Has anyone had such experience? Are there any other options? I'm sooo pissed...
Old 08-10-2006, 11:32 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default Sad to say you're sort of screwed.....

you can't prove they did it unfortunately. Whenever I bring my car somewhere I stand over them like a hawk even if it makes them "nervous". Sadly the shop will just say "sue me" and then figure you won't sue them for a relatively small amount of money without proof. Of course that isn't the most ethical way to operate a business and/or hope for repeat business or word of mouth business, but I'm not sure what you can do.

Is this an independent shop, or part of a big chain?
Old 08-10-2006, 11:40 AM

Default I knew they were going to screw me when...

I pointed out the scratches and first thing the manager asks me is if I had pictures of all 4 rims. The tires sat in my garage for 3 weeks because I just don't trust these tire shops to do the right thing. Again they didn't prove me wrong. The shop is part of a small chain of probably 6 shops in PA.
Old 08-10-2006, 11:48 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default Yeah ...

once he knew you didn't have pictures you were in bad shape. It's sad to think anytime you bring your car to a shop you should have to photograph the entire car. My dealership actually does a walk through of your car before the touch it and you sign off on it. I guess it protects them and you.

Anyway if the place is a chain of 6 stores, maybe you hae a leg to stand on. Ask for the general manager or owner of the chain.

Never hurts to be persistent!
Old 08-10-2006, 11:59 AM

Default Thanks for the thoughts. I'll have to start writing up my own contracts...

and doing walk arounds with these guys. The lack of integrity is just unbelievable. The scratches are so obviously machine made that it hurts. I don't plan on dropping it..
Old 08-10-2006, 12:04 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good luck. Next time go to a shop that deals with expensive aftermarket wheels.
Old 08-10-2006, 12:31 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default Yeah it's sad in a service based industry where word of mouth would be good for business...

they would be so unethical, but sadly that's our world today. Good luck and I hope you get reimbursed!
Old 08-10-2006, 12:47 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default i would def go up the chain of command. they may have a corprate office.

also, consider talking to a lawyer, the tire shop may respond better with a little pressure.
Old 08-10-2006, 01:45 PM

That fvck'n sux! Nothing worst than having the feeling that your hands are tied.
Old 08-10-2006, 01:48 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Better business bureau >

or small claims court. even if you dont win it will **** them the fvck off because they will have to be in court all the time!

Quick Reply: Some advice needed...