A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

Strange alarm sound?!

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2003, 08:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strange alarm sound?!

Today when i parked my car in front of my house, i went into my house for about 5 minutes then suddenly I heard my car's alarm start to come on, then i go check what happen. I unlock the car and the car stereo was on, i' m sure I turned off the stereo already, but for some reason it came on and the alarm went off. The car is still brand new with only 2600 km putted on it...
Was this one of those famous Audi electrical problem?! Hopefully not, I hope to stay loyal Audi, since everyone in my family only like Mercedes and consider what happended to my Uncle's A6 his moonroof can never be fixed by the dealers, he recommended us not to purchase an Audi......
But then i did purchased the A4 after reading great reviews and what I had been reading from this forum, Audi please improve on your reliablity or else you just lose yourself another customer.
Old 03-01-2003, 06:05 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Don't let one little problem make you hate your car OK?

There is a reason why things happen and just because the car alarm went off, it doesn't mean that your car is total crappy junk and unreliable.

In my old VW, I used to have a very similar problem where the radio would set the alarm off. What happened is that with me or the dealer taking it out so often (either forgot the code or the radio needed to be replaced due to unsticky buttons), it did not seat properly in its housing. After a couple of months, it would jiggle out just enough to set off the alarm. When I finally figured out what was causing it, I simply pushed in on the radio every couple of weeks to make sure it was making contact with the alarm sensor.

Now, I don't know if that's your problem or not, but have the dealer check it. It could be that the radio isn't quite in and after 2600KM, it jiggled out enough to set off the alarm.