A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

sun visor lights

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2001, 02:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sun visor lights

Car arrived,we took it home, and found it doesnt have lights when the sun visor is pulled down.. am in uk, but just wondering if you guys all have that..thought it was standard, especially on an SE, which is what ive got.
On a side note, what is it with those orange indicator strips you have to have on your front light clusters.. :P blegh clear units are the way to go! assume its some road law down there..sigh
Old 12-26-2001, 02:27 PM

Sliding the door open on the visor mirror also controls the visor lights.
Old 12-26-2001, 03:47 PM

Default Re: Sliding the door open on the visor mirror also controls the visor lights.

yeah, but from pics ive seen, the light is in the roof, we dont have one of those,just the sliding door, no light...DAMNIT! lol..sigh.. im just wondering how we managed to get a car without them..damned dealer spec.

2.0 SE multitronic
*some extra stuff goes here* lol
Old 12-27-2001, 10:12 AM

Default Re: Sliding the door open on the visor mirror also controls the visor lights.

The sunvisor lights are optional in Europe but are standard here in the US, just like Power rear windows, in dash 6 CD Changer, 3 rear headrest, all the cup holders, Grocery bags hooks in the trunk, full size spare matching alloy wheel,headlight washers, Aluminum trim for the 1.8T, and Wood for the 3.0 ( These are the only 2 engines that we get here in the states), Motion detectors, trunk release switch, cargo net, Cruise control, Leather 3 spoke steering wheel ( we will get the 4 spoke when the OnStar makes its way over here).

These are all standard features in the US that are optional in Europe; However we cannot get the sport front seats in the US, or the very cool Navigation screen on the console.....

You are right, these orange side markers are butt-ugly, but that is for US specs; I am still trying to find a way to remove them.
As long as the bulb blinks orange, we are good.
Old 12-27-2001, 01:34 PM

lets see, got the rear elecs, full size alloy spare, single cd with the SE stereo thingermijigger... damn, if they could just combine the good bits of all that extra crap you get with the clear headlight units we get! lol
4 spoke leather wheel, aluminium trim etc etc, all that weve got.

Having said that, I've seen volkswagen golfs which came with the visor light, im just really amazed that a premium car doesnt have them! especially in SE spec.. with some extras!
Old 12-27-2001, 04:17 PM

Sorry, I guess it's a U.S. package thing. You must have a kilometer long list of option choices.
Old 12-29-2001, 05:19 PM

Docjan you must have missed this one on the Optional Equipment list :-

Interior Light Pack comprising :-
Entry/Exit Door Lights, Make-up mirrors and Background lighting for centre console.

Costs 145 UK Pounds, In the UK you really have to study those sales brochures for all the options and packs to get exactly what you want,

<a href="http://www.audi.co.uk/downloads/A4_Saloon_Price_List.pdf">2002 A4 Salon UK Pricelist (PDF)</a>

<a href="http://www.audi.co.uk/downloads/A4_Avant_Price_List.pdf">2002 A4 Avant UK Pricelist (PDF)</a>

I should find out what the Interior light pack is like as our new family run about car a 2002 A4 Avant 3.0 SE Quattro is due in 2 week in Jan'02 :-)

Scott C.
Old 12-30-2001, 02:48 AM

yeah..lol..sigh.

The car is more my fathers..lol, I put about 25 % towards it. The thing is, we went for a well specced stock car due to waiting times, and the fact that it was virtually what we wanted anyway!
I just assumed that seeing as a lot of less prestigious cars have that function,it might have come with it!
Also wish we'd got the damn Park distance sensors, makes it that much easier, especially when my mother wants to use the car..... LOL