A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

Is there a good body shop in Atlanta ??

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2005, 05:43 AM
RAF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is there a good body shop in Atlanta ??

I was on my way to work one morning when a guy in a Dodge pulled out in front of me trying to cut across three lanes of traffic to get into a gas station. He got a ticket, his insurance company was very operative so I thought everything was going as well as could be expected. I took my car to a highly recommended body shop here in Atlanta, Jim Ellis Collision. Given that I am on the west side of the city, I had to drop my car off at a satellite office and they transported the car over. When I got the call that the car was ready I drove the rental over to get my car and I could not believe how poorly the car was put back together. The front bumper, hood, and one headlamp assembly were not even close to the correct alignment. It looked like it had been put together by a drunk. I refused to take the car and it once again was sent back to the other side of the city. After a few days, I got a call that the car was back, I again drove over and this time I noticed a dent in my hood (actually, my NEW hood as it had been replaced). Again I refused to accept the car and it was once again sent back to the shop. I got the car back again this past Friday. This time I accepted the car but am now taking it back. Over the weekend I noticed that my hood (the new one that they dented) was still misaligned. I got a warning light over the weekend due to them not completely refilling my radiator and my new headlamps were not aligned correctly. Hopefully, I will never need a body shop for my A4 again, but in case I will, can anyone recommend a good body shop that does the job right the first time????