A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

Traffic Violation...friend had one...this one blows my mind...any insight?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2004, 11:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default awesome response. but one more things...

"Saying that EVERY police officer is always correct is like saying that EVERY referee in sports is always correct. Bad calls in sports are rampant and opinion is called "point of view" or "perception". Perception is not always reality however to the eye it came from it sure as heck looks like it. Even the most trained and experienced referee makes a bad call occasionally."

I agree, but then again, we have courts to fight these calls.....the NFL doesn't (immediate punishment). But I really do see your point. So as you should be seeing mine too, when I re-emphasize that your friend should have fought it.

Point taken about the warnings. Very good idea as a solution to the problem. By taking it to court, guess what - she could very well have made that happen. But she didn't. AND NO ONE KNOWS THE OTHERWISE because she didn't.

Bottom line is: my apologies for saying you were whining - that was inappropriate. But agree to agree/disagree on this one.

Note: Yes, Officers on occasion are directed to bring in the tickets by end of months etc. They usually focus more on moving violations because of the fact (proven in this instance) that individuals usually dont go to courts over moving violations. Easy revenue sure.

But please dont discount the efforts of your local law enforcement officers as slimy slaes poeple trying to make the city a buck. Most out there do care. If they didn't they wouldn't be there.
Old 01-06-2004, 11:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coolness...

I see your points completely. Thanks for reiterating...making clear.
Agreeing to disagree is awesome.
Oh, I do not think or compare my local law enforcement as low lifes in reality, more of a point to my point...they are out to do a job that I understand is very important and crucial...all of the officers I know personally are a great bunch. It's more than a job...it's a lifestyle. I do hear the occasional complaint about things like this...most hate to give people a hard time unless they are given a hard time back...then it's on.

The thing about the courts that bugged me was that everyone my friend asked (in the courts and traffic school) about fighting her ticket, they all told her it was an effort in futility and that if she tried and failed to prove her point then the courts would deem the effort a waste of time for the courts...then she would be fined and her record blemished...sort of a "strongarm" tactic to not get her to challenge. But...let bygones...

Thanks for the response and your time...if you're in the mood for an intelligent debate...shout me out