A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

UK: Rare A4 B6? With a CVT Fault?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2018, 10:25 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UK: Rare A4 B6? With a CVT Fault?

Hi All, First time posting so bare with me. Im hoping someone can help. I recently was given a 2003 Audi A4 Avant B6 SE CVT 2.4ltr Petrol Estate Auto (68k mileage) Great Body and Overall condition. I cant seem to find another one for sale like it. What would a rough valuation be on a car like this?

The bad bit. There is a lack of power in first. The car, when cold, is absolutely fine. Once it is driven a bit and "warmed up" it has problems getting off the start line. If the brake isn't applied the car will roll forward as per automatics. But when you apply gas it doesn't seem to respond or lags and then comes to life. I haven't done many miles in this car yet as Ive only had her 2days (120miles) And to be honest I don't want to drive it anymore until i find out A/ the valuation and B/ If im doing more damage driving it like this.

Once the car is moving, its really moving. Brilliant engine. Only done 68'000miles what could the fault be?
Old 07-05-2018, 05:09 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 296 Likes on 239 Posts

It would help for you to provide you location/city but reality is the Audi CVT seems to be well known for issues; you should take it to an independent mechanic or find someone with the VCDS software to do a scan of the transmission module for possible fault codes. The engine MIL would not necessarily indicate that type of problem.
Old 11-03-2020, 05:38 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rare A4 B6? With a CVT Fault?

if your Audi has a turbo equipped this might be what your experiencing.. the turbo has a lag off the line but when you get going it kicks in and the car runs fine