A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

Ultrasuede trim

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2004, 07:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where can you buy bulk material like this? And anyone have advice on wrapping a steering wheel?
Old 07-25-2004, 08:41 AM

Default Did you figure out the rest of the trim???...

After you get the switch out, you then have to take off the knee panel to get at the trim screws. There are three screws that hold the knee panel on. Two along the bottom and one on the side behing the fuse panel cover...IIRC, they are 8mm. Once the screws are out, pull the panel straight out towards you at the top. Then disconnect the floor light if you want to remove the panel. Once that's out of the way, you can attack the trim around the headlight switch. There are three screws for this too. One in front on the left, one on the right next to the steering wheel, and one inside the switch hole. Once those are out, you should be able to pull it right out. Hope it helps. Looks really good so far. Good luck.
Old 07-25-2004, 09:04 AM

Thank you very much, god i love this place.
Old 07-25-2004, 09:06 AM

I bought mine at a fabric store. retail is about $49-59 per yard and the roll is about 50 inches wid
Old 07-25-2004, 09:09 AM

Default Ship out you moldings to me

But you are gettin zebra. Its really easy to do and took me about 20 mins + 1 hot glue burn for the first trim piece. The rest will go quicker. I will take some pics of the process as I continue.
Old 07-25-2004, 09:49 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

come back to LI and do that for me....i'll though in Z for a night for your troubles
Old 07-25-2004, 01:16 PM

Now how do i get off the long dash piece?
Old 07-25-2004, 02:34 PM

Default Re: Now how do i get off the long dash piece?

I believe it's just like the door trim, but without the hinge piece on one end like the door. There should just be a series of pronges that plug in like on the door and that knee panel you just removed. I think most people start at the passenger side and work their way left because you can get to the bottom of the trim easily when the glove compartment is open.

It looks like there are two pronges on the short piece between the radio and the steering wheel. From what I've got, it doesn't look like there are any across the top of the stereo though. Then there's one about four or five inches to the right of the radio. Maybe just to the right of the "Quattro" badge, if you have one. I can't tell where the other ones are to the right of that, but if I had to guess, I'd say there are two more toward the right edge just as those to the left edge that I spoke about earlier. I'll email you the pic I have. It's for center console removal, but you can see the rectangular holes in the dash where the pronges plug into. Hope it helps.
Old 07-25-2004, 03:05 PM

Default Thank for the diagram

i think the 2 slots on the left are the prongs for the knee bolster. i am just afraid of snapping a screw hole. we shall see.
Old 07-25-2004, 03:11 PM

Default Re: Thank for the diagram

You're probably right about the two left holes. I forgot there were two pronges on that side of the knee panel. The rest of it seems to sort out though. I'll take a look at my car and see what I can figure out. If there were any screws, I think they would show themselves like the light switch. I think it's just like the doors, but without the sliding one on the end. I'll let you know.

Quick Reply: Ultrasuede trim