A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

UPDATE: dealer did not disclose damage to the vehicle that i bought

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 01:17 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UPDATE: dealer did not disclose damage to the vehicle that i bought

here's a link to the thread..what do you guys think?

i bought the car like this, they deny that it was EVER in a serious accident ($5700 is pretty serious). the previous owner of the car screwed over the dealership, who in turn is screwing me...<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/a4gen2/msgs/984355.phtml">https://forums.audiworld.com/a4gen2/msgs/984355.phtml</a</li></ul>
Old 09-11-2006, 05:07 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Dude, return the car. The contract should be void. How did you find out the cost?
Old 09-11-2006, 05:48 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default I'd be incredibly pissed off....

I don't see how they or Car Fax can get away with it. This is my thinking. Did the body shop not do the repairs through insurance? Was there no accident report? How is it not on Car Fax? I mean I know as well as anyone that Car Fax sucks because if you check my VIN it will say my car was totalled before it even came off a boat in the Atlantic.

There must be some consequence on Car Faxes end. The dealer well if they don't know what can they do, but that is Car Faxes sole purpose and function. They must be held accountable, otherwise why would anyone trust them / use them as the standard.
Old 09-11-2006, 07:29 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Can't you remove that on record for your car? So when you sell it.
Old 09-11-2006, 07:47 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default Car Fax is impossible to deal with....

I've already tried twice before but I was a little lazy / why should I be the one who has to fix their mistake

If it comes to it when I go to sell my car I will forceably take care of it if necessary.
Old 09-13-2006, 03:12 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default i contacted the dealership about the fact that they told me that the car had not (more)

been in an accident, but that a body shop told me it had. the dealership from which I purchased the car told me to take the car to a local audi body shop to get it looked at; it happened to be the same shop that had done the work.
Old 09-13-2006, 05:48 PM

Default Re: i contacted the dealership about the fact that they told me that the car had not (more)

I would suggest getting copies of the repair records from the body shop, and the insurance company information which the body shop probably has. Then determine the decrease in value of the car you purchased because of the accident, and check into your state's consumer protection laws. The statements made by the dealer to induce you to buy and what you can prove about the extent of the prior damage (you'll need an expert most likely) will both be important in what claims you may have.
Old 09-13-2006, 08:17 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default That's a great first step. I know it won't be so simple, but familiarize yourself

with the consumer law protection on car purchase and you should find at least a buy-back protection on vehicles that weren't propertly disclosed similar to the Monroney Sticker for new cars.

Carfax alone, if you did run one for the car and registered at their sight, offers a Buyback Guarantee against severe problems:

The CARFAX Buyback Guarantee protects you from purchasing a vehicle with severe problems as reported by a state or provincial Department of Motor Vehicle (DMV) agency.

Here's how the program works:
1. Run a CARFAX Vehicle History Report on a potential vehicle purchase.
2. Upon finding no severe problems (major accidents, fire, flood damage, odometer problems or lemon history) were reported by a DMV, the vehicle automatically qualifies for the Buyback Guarantee.
3. Print and retain a hard copy of the CARFAX Report - it will be required should you decide to submit a claim
4. Register to activate your free Guarantee.
5. If you later discover that a severe problem was reported by a DMV and not included in the Vehicle History Report, CARFAX will buy the vehicle
back.

-----------

Keep up posted. This would be good info for other owners in the future.