A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

UPDATE: The dyno results are in and here are the numbers...

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2009, 05:20 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UPDATE: The dyno results are in and here are the numbers...

Many people were involved in the motor package of this car and I would like to thank them all but special kudos go to Franz of Diebold Autosport, Jim Justice of Justice Racing Engines and locally Ben at Autosport Services and Markku at Agtronic Motorsport.

First I'd like to say that last night's video clips were all done at only 13.5 psi which I only found out when we got to the dyno today. The ECU had been set at that setting from Franz until the car was rechecked on the chassis dyno after the motor install. This was done as a security measure to prevent any potential damages to the motor before being tested properly. And I thought last night was great... Well I was in for a surprise on the dyno.

So today that same 13.5psi setting was going to be the one used as the first run on the dyno. Please understand that the dyno chart numbers may not always match what I say because prior to printing them the tech wasn't always lining up the cursor exactly on the line to get the results. Some read outs that were printed were high some low. They are all within a couple of the true HPs anyway.

Needless to say I am very happy with the numbers. I was never expecting to have such high numbers at the wheels. Last year I was very happy with my MTM kit with 240 WHPs now even at 13.5 psi I surpassed this. I will need to adjust my on track driving because the power band as move to the right about 1500 RPM. I cannot imagine how the car will be on the track with this new found power. Note that we set a max setting of 25psi for normal track duty. However I will have a feature to allow an extra "squirt" of power for passing if required. We are not sure at this time what psi figures we are going to use, perhaps 27-28 psi but maybe as high as 30psi.

On Monday I'm scheduled to go for an alignment and I hope a corner balance so we should get the weight of the car too. I have also provided a link to a video clip of one of my dyno runs today with the motor revving up to 8000 RPM.

About the dyno runs... All pulls were done in fourth gear, using the same dyno I have always used since 2004. This made things easy because they already have my car's file so no reprogramming is/was required. The gas used was VP Racing's MS109 unleaded fuel. This week if everything is ready with the car I will drive down from Montreal to VIR in Virginia to drive the car at an ACNA event. On my way down I will stop at Franz's shop (Diebold Autosport) in Winchester VA to try out his new AWD chassis dyno to get another set of numbers.

First up the 13.5psi run... ~248ft/lb of torque at 5746 RPM and 302 WHP at ~7335 RPM.

Second run at 20psi... ~302 ft/lb of torque at 5949 RPM and 374 WHP at 6493 RPM.

Third run at 25psi (normal power)... 359 ft/lb of torque at 5773 RPM and ~418 WHP at 7240 RPM.

Finally the PUSH to PASS setting of 27psi... 380 ft/lb of torque and ~426 WHP at 7375 RPM. We did run at a 30psi setting but we need to analyze the numbers and parameters before we use it. It returned a MASSIVE 404 ft lb of torque at 5569 RPM and 438 peak WHP at 5868 RPM.

VIDEO CLIP ON DYNO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NRv1J6MVp8