A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

UPDATE on my Clutch Masters Stage 3 (Kevlar disk)...

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2006, 08:14 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UPDATE on my Clutch Masters Stage 3 (Kevlar disk)...

Finally the break in period is finished and thank God for that! It as been the most boring thing I endured on my car. Went beyond the call of duty and stuck to the break in procedure and then some. They recommended 450 - 500 miles well I decided to go the extra mile(s). I went 1004 kms or 624 miles before deciding this was enough.

Like I said, I stuck to the menu. Mainly city driving with lots of shifting although this had to be short shifting, no high RPM or huge torque loads. No downshifting either so the brakes took more punishment than usual.

I originally reported the engagement point was much lower than OEM and I also said it was a lot easier to push in the pedal. Well after all that mileage, it remains basically the same; low engagement point and easier, although it <b>may</b> have become a bit harder to push in the pedal but this could just be the result of me getting use to it.

At first when the clutch was released it <b>seemed</b> to perhaps want to slip but now that it is broken in it will definitely grab if not released properly. You could get caught off gard by it. It is not the end of the world but you will need to readjust your way to release or pay more attention to it. To be honest I was expecting it to be a lot worst off.

I would still recommend it for people who require something better performance oriented when compared to the OEM unit.

Only time, some competition and perhaps a few 1/4 runs under its belt will reveal its true colors.

Tomorrow the STaSIS Motorsport coilover kit will go in. Hope we don't run into problems installing it.
Old 04-17-2006, 08:17 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ahhh yes... Spring... Teh mod crazy season is upon us...