A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

Update on my GHL Catback Exhaust installation: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2003, 11:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I have heard twice that Milltek was not good (fitment,... etc).

Thinking Neuspeed or APR. Hopefully I can check out foofighters Neuspeed soon and go take a look at APR's exhaust at Hartmann.

Did I miss you at the Euro GTG in Anaheim? I arrived just after 3PM and left at 4:30PM. I saw Initial DTM and atrak, but missed you and foofighter.

Also, we have a friend in common. Or, I should say, Tech friend; Bull (he said to say hi). That is my dealer I have been going to for years. The best.
Old 05-19-2003, 12:01 PM

Default I have discussed all the details with GHL already.....

They just offered to refund the amount. There wasn't much discussion about getting another one because I was so disappointed. I am sure I could do that. But I think I should just get another brand. I was basically the first one from that GB production run. But unless they knew of the problems after that, any others, including yours, would be the same. They did say they were a bit rushed with it (not a good sign), and that they did not have any other feedback other then mine.
I had high expectations for this exhaust. They should have R&D'd it more (and from me). All the valid points I mentioned need to be addressed before they start producing them for sale.
Old 05-19-2003, 12:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Mine is shipping out wed. I wonder if there'll be any of the probs you've mentioned
Old 05-19-2003, 01:06 PM

Why can't APR come out with FWD exhaust? I'M DYING HERE!!
Old 05-19-2003, 01:10 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default The Abt exhaust is custom made to Abt's specs by an exhaust manufacturer.

They send over the design and material requirements. The manufacturer then builds them exclusively for Abt.

The rear boxes are all that need replaced until you go with a larger turbo. When you buy the Abt turbo kit, they supply the rest of the exhaust system to work with it.

Cost is right around $1K for the center resonator rearward. Fitment and materials is very good.

If you ever want a shock, check out the Supersprint rear box for a new BMW 3 series. Around $700 minimum for just the single rear box and cut ( not rolled ) tips.
Old 05-19-2003, 01:13 PM

Default I would think yes, since they have only just heard back from me.

To my knowledge; I am the only one who has given them "real world" feedback on the exhaust as far as quality & fitment concerns. Based on mine; I would not get it.
Old 05-19-2003, 01:28 PM

Default Thanks for this update. Sorry to hear things didn't work out as planned. If you send it back...

get the APR exhaust.
Old 05-19-2003, 01:29 PM

Default Some quotes for the Oettinger exhaust....

I was informed that there is now a "catback" system available. Looking at $1650 from DTM or SPP. Damn!
Old 05-19-2003, 01:29 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Bull :) cool, ummm milltek has bad fitment, but can be fixed ... i love mine and think its still one

of the best exhausts for audi's

the fitment probably can be adjusted by a muffler shop and its fine, the sound quality is amazing

hit me up next time at a GTG and you can check it out

if ya think the GHL has a ricey sound, the neuspeed might be similar sound
Old 05-19-2003, 01:31 PM

Thanks. I have "exhaustophobia" now.

Quick Reply: Update on my GHL Catback Exhaust installation: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly