A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

urban importers feedback, BTW, it's horrible

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2005, 03:51 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default urban importers feedback, BTW, it's horrible

I know you guys tend to like them, but here's my experience.

I ordered a set of front Blackout rings OVER A MONTH AGO.

Here's the chronology:

I ordered them just about the 15th of April, didn't see anything for about 2 weeks, and didn't hear anything from them, or see anything on my credit card. They "had a computer problem and lost a bunch of orders." OK, fine, I'll accept that, but make it right.

They supposedly shipped another set after I talked to them then, all of it was phone interaction so I don't have actual date records, but the point is, DEREK claimed that he sent out another set via USPS priority mail. I never saw them.

So, I have been in touch with them since the 12th of this month and I STILL DON'T HAVE THEM.

Everytime I talk to Derek he acts all cool and calm even though I'm pissed. He assures me that he's going to 'make it right', but the end of the discussion is that he sucks, doesn't do anything he says he's going to and I think he lied about whether or not they were shipped in the first place.

I called Derek yesterday and told him I expected either a refund confirmation (yes, at some point along the way they did take my money off my card) or a UPS tracking # (which he guaranteed me would be in my inbox today).

Neither has happened, and you all should know about it.

Derek, if you see this, I'm sorry dude, but you had over a month to get me an overpriced part that you have the market cornered on. You talk the customer service talk real well, but you don't execute.

And now I'll say it in public: I either want a refund or my part. You have effectively charged my credit card unlawfully, and if this is not resolved by the end of the week I will take the following action:

I will report you to my credit card company, the Boca chamber of commerce will be hearing from me. If this doesn't get anything done, I will review the consumer protection laws in florida and consider taking legal action.

I've had enough. I felt bad about dropping the F- bomb on the office answering machine, but now I'm tired of the bull****.

Don't bother calling me, just email me my tracking number or my refund info. I don't want to talk to you, and I will never do business with you or refer people to you.

-bill
Old 05-18-2005, 04:22 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default been there done that...

thought my situation was unique, obviously not...

i wouldn't be surprised if you receive an email from him shortly, and a request from him to delete your post...
Old 05-18-2005, 05:02 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Stephan, what the ? i told u that send them back and we will talk

i was going to swap for a new one, since the one you recieved must be defective..

thanks
Derek
Urban Importers
Old 05-18-2005, 05:10 PM

So, he says he never got it. You say he got a defective one. ?????
Old 05-18-2005, 05:14 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

No thats a different person, 2 totally different orders
Old 05-18-2005, 05:20 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default oh i got them... eventually...

put the order in Oct '04, finally received them in Feb '05... the blinkers took another couple of weeks though... go figure...
Old 05-18-2005, 05:21 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

u ordered Custom do not forget
Old 05-18-2005, 05:38 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Listen, I've stayed quiet on this................

but you guys know me, and I really don't put up w/ BS. Derek has done work for me, has he made mistakes, or were there delays when his computers were down; yes. But I think he's a stand up guy. He has gone out of his way to make it right, and then some. I put out fires all day in my business. I do understand the frustration. Shiiiiiiiiiite happens. But it's not like he didn't deliver your pacemaker on time. It's a set of black rings.
Just my 2 cents.
Old 05-18-2005, 05:49 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default i don't think you should go there Derek...

first of all to respond to your earlier post, sure you told me that, but that was after i had to point out to you (<a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/s4b6/msgs/250126.phtml">AW post</a> [2005-05-13]) that you still had not replied to the email <u>you</u> had asked me to sent you (<a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/a4gen2/msgs/822300.phtml">AW post</a> [2005-05-04])... and actually you told me you would "recoate" not replace them...

this is the first time i'm saying something about that order publicly... i could have came out on AW or AZ quite some time ago, and just post what the situation was, but i chose to give you the benefice of the doubt... and i actually chose to do so b/c DD only had praises to say about you...

"custom order"... you've got to be kidding me!!! how's the black rings a custom order??? okay so the front ones were, and unfortunately we misunderstood each other on what i was looking for... but how does the set for the back classify as a "custom order"??? and please don't make me mention the blinkers...
Old 05-18-2005, 05:49 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default DD, first I know you're an OG here, but the bottom line is that DEREK screwed up

he's trying to make excuses, and I"m not buying it. See the first page of audizine b6 a4 for my email correspondance.

-bill

Quick Reply: urban importers feedback, BTW, it's horrible