A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

Valets suck! Friggn' messed-up my rear bumper!

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2004, 08:19 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Valets suck! Friggn' messed-up my rear bumper!

I went to The Spaghetti Factory in Hollywood tonight for my nephew's birthday dinner. Valet only parking... oh great. I hate valet parking. I tell them that I want to park the car myself. "Nope... can't do it." they say. Fine... I valet it. After dinner, I come out and they pull up my car. I walk around and the rear bumper is creased and paint cracked/spiderwebbed. And the paint is scratched off where they backed my car into someone else's car. The license plate letters are even visible in my bumper!! ARGH!!!

I call them over and they say, "Read the contract. We're not liable for any damage." I say BS. They tell me "Sue if you want. You won't win." F**** idiot valets.

Then I get in my car to leave and it smells like someone has been smoking in the car!!! F***** I just left. Sadly, fighting it is only going to take time. I'll have to drop it off on Monday at the body shop to have them fix and repaint the rear bumper.

Remember: DON'T valet your car at The Spaghetti Factory in Hollywood. Those guys are careless morons.

Bob
Old 08-07-2004, 08:24 PM

you should beat that valet drivers ***
Old 08-07-2004, 08:26 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default go back to the restaurant

follow him home. when you find out where he lives, come back in the middle of the night and make a nice dent in his car.

or you could just do nothing, i guess its up to you how you feel
Old 08-07-2004, 08:28 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Interesting thought...

... but if I found out where he lived, I'd actually bring my 4-way lug wrench and a selection of sockets and ratchets. I'd rather just loosen all his lug nuts and suspension bolts and let time, nature and Noise, Vibration and Harshness take their toll on his suspension, path of travel and, ultimately, destiny.

Grumble...

Bob
Old 08-07-2004, 08:47 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default that sux man, good luck with fixin ur car. As for those valets...

i dont understand how they are not liable for damage when they were the cause of the damage? if u were to sue, u should win. I dont see y not. I could be wrong. But hey, if u do sue them and u win, u could get sum good mod money out of it
Old 08-07-2004, 08:59 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Um always consult with a lawyer . . . usually they can be held accountable even if they have a sign
Old 08-07-2004, 09:47 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default don't you just hate it when they say its on the contract? but i think you have a chance to fight it

there are limits! and the fix is not cheap. i never valet either, i'd rather take the subway if i am headin out into the city. dc parking sucks anyway.
Old 08-08-2004, 05:03 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Show the Valet, the "Fine Print" under yer Visor..."If Valet damages, I kick yer MF arshe" !!!

SHOW HIM THAT, THEN PROCEED BY FOLLOWING THOSE INSTRUCTIONS !!!

Valet sounds like a smart ***...That would **** me off more
Old 08-08-2004, 05:05 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Complain to the resturant manager. Tell him/her you are going to bad mouth the resturant

If they dont pay to have it fixed. Then find out who the valet is and sue him and the resturant in small claims court.
Old 08-08-2004, 07:07 AM

Default spaghetti factory has become real ghetto over the years...

sorry about the incident. go back and kick the valet in the neck. that's just me. = - )

Quick Reply: Valets suck! Friggn' messed-up my rear bumper!