A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

The Verdict is in on the HRE 546R's

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2004, 03:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Excellent choice...I am glad to see you going full out and doing it right the first time. (more)

Trust me, HREs are no joke to the high quality reputation/standard they hold. From each bolt to the forge centers to the box packaging, HRE is not just high quality, but the highest in quality. The popularity of these wheels have blown up over the past year and naturally people have their reservations, especially with the high price. But if you ever have the chance to visit the HRE factory, check it out... you'd be blown away by the amount of detail and time spent on every single set of custom made wheels. This is NO factory with an assembly line of workers...It's a very tight and passionate group of professionals doing very fine and detailed work (there's a reason why a set of wheels takes about 1-1.5 months to be built)...even polishing requires a full single day of work on one set. It's the most reassuring tour...you'll know exactly why you spend the amount of money you do. So enjoy your wheels and make an effort to pick them up directly from HRE themselves, it's worth the trip.
oh and yeah that price is too high, try wheelexperts.com they are known as the top HRE seller in the country.

-brian
*random note- last time I was there they had 2 sets of Saleen S7 wheels being made! Yup, the S7 wheels are exclusively made by HRE!
Old 05-11-2004, 03:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Kinesis are very nice wheels..more race/track oriented, HRE has the competiton series due soon which

also uses step lips and of course is a 100% forged wheel, not to mention titanium bolts!
Old 05-11-2004, 03:51 AM
Jo2
AudiWorld Super User

Default close to $7k for wheels is way to much. You could do a body kit + a big turbo kit with that money..

or could have gotten a better car!
Old 05-11-2004, 04:29 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Default I know it's your money...

But that's just too much dough for a set of wheels and tires man. At least, if you plan on driving the car on a regular basis. That being said, if you can afford it more power to you - they are beautifully crafted wheels.
Old 05-11-2004, 05:14 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Well...

On one hand....I think...your paying almost 7K for these, I have spent half that on my car and totally changed the outside from its stock form. So I can imagine what you can do with the other half, KO4, Intercooler...etc. SO on that hand I say, too much.

On the other, much like you I have a very similar stance of, once I find something I want, dont bother getting in the way becuase your going to get run over. I admire that. I also like the fact that your not just jumping into buying them (which is so easy to do), your taking your time, looking around and using your past experences of compromise to fuel this purchase.

Bottom line is its alot of money. But like you, with Cars, Clothes, Watches and a few other things, those are my vices. Obviously these wheels are one of yours.

In the end, I say good for you. People need to see that it is not just spending 7K on wheels, but its also a unmeasured amount of happiness on your part.
Old 05-11-2004, 05:36 AM
AudiWorld Super User

How much does those rims go for? (the ones you have pictured)
Old 05-11-2004, 05:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

NSal - are those 18" or 19" RS4's in your pic poster?
Old 05-11-2004, 06:06 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default thats why they are called R's now...R=Reverse Lip design.

It makes all the difference. Just hover over the person that installs the tires. BTW, Email me. I might be able to get you a better price.
Old 05-11-2004, 06:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default @~$7K for wheels/tires, your close to 25% of what you prob paid for your car. nice no doubt.

HREs are beautiful no doubt but I think honestly they belong on a more 'prestige' style car. personally i would spend under $2K for a nice set and spend the rest on the engine/body over time. but if you like it and can, why not. but then again I think your sig kinda gives me the hint that you are going to get it .
Old 05-11-2004, 06:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default nice wheel however u should check out Kinesis or Fikse..

both are very serious track wheels that looks just as good if not better than the hre's

Quick Reply: The Verdict is in on the HRE 546R's