A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

Watch out for the guy selling "theater" speakers from the back of the cargo van...

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2005, 06:13 PM
Jin
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Watch out for the guy selling "theater" speakers from the back of the cargo van...

I know that this is a off topic post... I apologize... but I just wanted to share it with you guys... so at least no one in AW get scam like I got today...

It happened today (6/2/2005), At circuit city parking lot near Don Rosen Imports Audi Dealer at PA...

If you are living in Philadelphia or near by, you will know where I'm talking about...

I ended up paying them money(couple hundreds) and got "Theater Logic" T2450. It was a pair of home theater speaker and they told me that it was about $2700 value with showing me fake magazine... (I just totally believed them... what a fool...)

I didn't mean to use them in my home, but to sell them back to ebay...

The first thing that I did when I came back to home was checking the price for the speaker. But guess what... that "Theater Logic" company didn't even exist!!! and then I realized that I was fooled by them....because...instead of finding the price on the speaker, I found some posts about people who had same situation as mine, and it was scam....

Well... Since there is no way for me to get the money back (Only thing that I remember now is that it was a white van with texas license plate)... I'm just trying to think that I learned a lesson today...

OMG... I feel really stupid now...

If anyone see them, don't even bother... or pretend that you are interested and then ... call police...

Jin<ul><li><a href="http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&amp;lr=&amp;safe=off&amp;q=%22theater +logic%22+%22white+van%22&amp;btnG=Search">Here is the link about them... Click and take a look...</a></li></ul>
Old 06-03-2005, 06:41 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Do they sound decent or even feel decent? Maybe they are rebadged?
Old 06-03-2005, 06:48 PM

Default Haha... that sucks, those guys come around my college in FL all the time. if you see him again...

be sure to give him a beat down...
Old 06-03-2005, 06:54 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Shame - it was a big con in the 70's and 80's - people do it with jewellery and watches too.
Old 06-03-2005, 06:54 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Speakers con is well known.
Old 06-03-2005, 07:00 PM
Jin
AudiWorld Member

Default I was totally fooled by the "fake magazine" and I totally believed them...

I feel so stupid about myself thinking about selling them and make some money, while I was heading back to my home...

I guess I'll just use them until it breaks down...

Jin
Old 06-03-2005, 07:09 PM
Jin
AudiWorld Member

if I see him again... I would rather call police... : )
Old 06-03-2005, 07:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default The speakers are garbage this guy I worked with use to do it for a few years

I asked him how it worked and basically they would con people. Just like you said they would show you a magazine or paper stating they cost a **** load when in reality they only pay like $50.00 or maybe $100.00 for the pair. This guy traveled the whole country doing this and he said only twice in the 4 yrs he did this did someone come back and say something. The one guy was yelling and threatning to call the cops and the other guy was from the midwest. The from the midwest went and told his friends about this deal and they told him the truth. My friend told me the guy was so pist he stormed into the parking lot and pulled out a shotgun. Obviously he got his money back.
Old 06-03-2005, 08:02 PM

Default Sorry to hear... maybe they'lll sound decent. But there's a reason they sell it to people on the

street and not in any accountable fashion.

hope this doesn't happen again.

best,
Old 06-03-2005, 08:17 PM
kgd

the boys on Canal Street (NYC) used to sell a piece of rock in VCR box for $300

Quick Reply: Watch out for the guy selling "theater" speakers from the back of the cargo van...