A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

What are the best front/rear spring rates for stasis track sport coilovers...........

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2004, 07:06 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yep - I had the track sport kit on my B5 A4 and invested a lot of time and effort tuning it...

...which included multiple spring rates and a myriad of damping settings, which of course meant more suspension installations than I care to think about.

In the end, the kit didnt work out for me and it was an expensive mistake. Althought I did a lot of "research" before plunking down that kind of money, I wish someone knowledgeable had truly walked me through the suspension mine field.
Old 07-22-2004, 07:14 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I think you have a better understanding of most when it comes to suspensions...

I'm sure the "average" setup will probably land in the 500/700 neighborhood when they finalize the kit.

My concern is for the people who have no clue about what they're really jumping in to, as was my case with the B5.
Old 07-22-2004, 10:12 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Man o Man all the confusion, i don't know what to get now.
Old 07-22-2004, 10:22 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default you need to find out what you want to do with the car...

just better handling for the street? tracksport/motorsport is overkill. If you track your car tracksport would be a good choice, if you're serious in racing and want to adjust every last detail then motorsport is good for you.
Old 07-22-2004, 11:01 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I'll give you my specific advice on HOW to find the right kit...

...cause I have no idea which one would actually be right for you.

Get friendly with your local Audi guys and take a ride in as many different setups as you can. Talking in terms of other kits might help your discussion - i.e. "I love the ride quality of the Koni coilover kit" or "I absolutely cant stand the compression damping on the H&R kit" or "the rebound damping on the Billstein setup seems way too low".

Pay very close attention to your local road conditions - freeways, city driving, and your everyday routes.

What are your personal tolerances with regard to ride quality? Is performance the top priority? Are squeaks and rattles ok?

Do you want a finished product, or something that you will likely have to tune yourself? (Implying multiple suspension installations)

If you're initially interested in Stasis, I say go for it and give them a call and make sure you chat about those points.

There's probably a lot of other stuff I left out, but that should get you rolling.
Old 07-22-2004, 03:01 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default The reason I ask is that I have been incontact with Ryan extensively over the past few weeks.

I'm scheduled to be beta testing their Track Sport kit, so I was wondering if you're a beta tester also.